10mil to big for a duner?

Looking for some advice I was planning on building a 4mil cub duner but now i'm thinking maybe 10mil is that too big? let me know what you guys think. Anyone with experience with a 10mil duner would be nice too.

Looking for some advice I was planning on building a 4mil cub duner but now i'm thinking maybe 10mil is that too big? let me know what you guys think. Anyone with experience with a 10mil duner would be nice too.

I have a 10 mil 565 motor and I can play all day long with my grandkids. However I have to run it hard every so often to clear out the motor.

Go for the 10 mil. I don't hear a lot of people complaining about too much power. LOL

I dune on a 4 mil DM and love it. I actually would love more power.

Keep in mind that the port timings will affect the power too. Find a builder who can port your cub for low rpm power and broad power too. It will make all the difference!

See you at the hill next season.

Mailman

Judging by what you have in your sig you would be happy with a 10 mil although I do think if you run Meth you will need a bigger arm and paddles which gets away from a duner in my opinion.

My sig is a 521 duner +6 arm with 10 paddle but I needed more paddle it just spun them I had to do third gear hole shots.

Go for the 10 mil. I don't hear a lot of people complaining about too much power. LOL

I dune on a 4 mil DM and love it. I actually would love more power.

Keep in mind that the port timings will affect the power too. Find a builder who can port your cub for low rpm power and broad power too. It will make all the difference!

See you at the hill next season.

Mailman

Even if you put a 10 mil DMX in your frame, you would STILL want more power. :jesterlaugh:

Unfortunately your hands might have something to say about it. ;)

With a high powered dune bike (Even a 421) you will run into some shifting issues.

If your ONLY dune riding, you might tough it out with a stock style tranny. But if you want to do any drag racing, even if it's just in the flats on the dunes or some hill shooting, you'll want an override.

I read somewhere that a 10mil is a bitch to shift without an override is this true or was that person just an idiot?

my 4mil F.A.S.T aggresive dune ported motor is hard to shift, but Brad Tyson is taking care of that problem for me.

I've got a mean torqy beast of a dune setup for sale in the for sale section right now. 4mil twister already aggressive dune ported by HJR with cases port matched and bored, brand new top end kit, fresh bore/hone. Never been assembled. check it out... The twister cylinders make some amazing torq.

Go with the 10mm. The only draw back would be the length of your swinger to keep the front end down. I have a plus 10 stellar and its still a biotch to control. As far as the tranny, spend the cash and get an override. Whitaker (WCR) did mine and another buddies, they shift great, almost too smooth. I believe there is a write up somewhere in the threads about his trannys.