Hard to start on fresh rebuild

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same issue with the fuel line going over the dumb boost bottle. I have never had any fueling issues, And guys correct me if i'm wrong but dont you need a balance tube in there th make them run right?? Just what I was told from some other people.

sorry guys my computer fried lmao. the only way i can start it is with premix through the carbs, then it runs great, and starts fine hot. it has 27.5 pilots, 260 mains and the needle on the 3rd clip, i dont get it if anything that should be rich on an almost stock motor. the plugs are a little black, but not completely oily, plus i can run it with the choke on fine, what is wrong here???

im wondering if something is wrong with your choke circuit.....try and pull your choke out with your bike running and see if there is ANY change at all......if it doesn't change then i bet your choke isn't working......hence why its hard to start cold and easy to start hot....

im wondering if something is wrong with your choke circuit.....try and pull your choke out with your bike running and see if there is ANY change at all......if it doesn't change then i bet your choke isn't working......hence why its hard to start cold and easy to start hot....

yeah, i was thinking something along those lines, ive got to try it today, but idk, i cleaned both carbs really well and put a new choke tube on. but it will deff run with the choke 1 click out, idk about two clicks out tho.

The bowls are interchangeable between carbs as far as fit, but the choke will only work if they are on the correct carb. You said they were on the correct carb once, but are you sure? Some bowls are labeled 1-1 and 1-2 inside of them. 1-1 goes on the carb w/choke lever. Another way to test this is see if you can spray carb cleaner down the little hole the choke rod goes down and see if it shoots out back at you(may want to wear goggles for this Lol) or out another hole in the bowl. You either have the bowls on the wrong carb, or the passage is plugged not allowing your choke to work.

Edited by sheefreak

The bowls are interchangeable between carbs as far as fit, but the choke will only work if they are on the correct carb. You said they were on the correct carb once, but are you sure? Some bowls are labeled 1-1 and 1-2 inside of them. 1-1 goes on the carb w/choke lever. Another way to test this is see if you can spray carb cleaner down the little hole the choke rod goes down and see if it shoots out back at you(may want to wear goggles for this Lol) or out another hole in the bowl. You either have the bowls on the wrong carb, or the passage is plugged not allowing your choke to work.

thank you, im going to try this its probobly the problem then lol i feel like a dumbass

well thats wierd, i pulled the float bowls off, and theyre on the right carbs, 1-1 is on the left side (choke side) so i really dont know what the problem is.... it runs with the choke out tho, so its prob a choke problem....

Ok i don't know if this is right or not i don't have stock crabs no more, but there is spot where the choke tube goes between the carbs and on the same sides where the choke tube goes on the carbs there are spots for overflow tubes too. Could it be possible that your overflow tubes and your choke tube are in the wrong spot. I'm quite sure i have seen this happen before but not sure if this is possible or not just trying to help.