New Banshee owner here

Welcome to the one and only BHQ, just keep on reading around on here and you'll get it all figured out. And post up a bigger pic so we can see it.

Welcome to BHQ!

Whats the history on the bike? Do you know everything that has been done to it?

I would start by checking the compression.

Do a leak down test.

Change trans oil and put some good stuff in there.

Clean air filters.

New plugs.

Check jetting and make sure its properly jetted.

Sync carbs.

.......the list goes on and on. It sounds like alot, but its pretty basic stuff. You'll learn alot on here, its a great place to be :headbang:

I guess i have a few questions. Sometimes after sitting for a day or so it takes a while to get it started (like 7 kicks), Is that just because it a 2 stroke? Also ive noticed the engine gets hot somewhat quickly (like 10 minutes of hard riding)

Anything to be alarmed about?

It has no motor mods but a full fmf system and a boost bottle, but nothing internal

Ok just because its a 2-stroke doesnt mean it should take 7 kicks honestly the max you should have to do is 3 maybe, second thing is it shouldnt get hot after just 10 mins of hard riding so you might want to do a standard compression test, a spark test, as far as getting hott that quick make sure your oil to gas ratio is right, you may look at getting a cool head of some sort, radiator hose coolers. and welcome to bhq.