Every Day Rider with 60+hp

I am the original owner of an 02 banshee it is pretty much stock. It has toomey t6 pipes, vforce reeds, k&n off carb filters, and a few other cosmetic bolt ons! Well it's time for a top end rebuild! I was wondering what y'all would suggest! I would like to make 60+hp, but keep it reliable and easy to maintain. All my buddies 4 stroke bikes are making about 50hp! I would like to woop em and get the last laugh. What would be the cheapest way to accomplish this? We ride mostly in the dunes!

Hey bro welcome to the site. If I was you I would send the cylinders and head out to one of the site sponsors and get your self a dune port, head rechambered and shaved, ditch the T-6s and get a set of T-5s, and pickup an adjustable timing plate and advance your timing 4 degrees, Billet waterpump impeller, then throw a set of 33 PWKs and you'll be kicking their ass. I had Jeff @ FAST do all my port work he's a first class guy who knows how to make em go fast.

If you're just looking for around 60 on pump gas then a hardcore MX port ought to work with a good set of pipes, K&N filter/adapter or pods, +5 timing, and all the other goodies to go. I've heard of a 'shee or two coming from Herr Jugs making that kind of power with stock carbs, shaved head, and the aforementioned mods. I don't think it's too uncommon for that kind of setup but the others' opinions on the 4mil, larger porting, bigger carbs, etc. would make that number a lot easier.

t-6's are a great "trail/ rider pipe with proper porting they make KILLER botttom end and make the bike VERY rideable and tqy. just need done right the rebuild alone will make the bike seem new to you.

i redid a STOCK 04 with new top end and t=6's on the road it steady pulled from a 450 with a big bore cylinder on it. stock airbox, proper jetting, and K+N filter kit. it was a blast in the dirt..

Hey bro welcome to the site. If I was you I would send the cylinders and head out to one of the site sponsors and get your self a dune port, head rechambered and shaved, ditch the T-6s and get a set of T-5s, and pickup an adjustable timing plate and advance your timing 4 degrees, Billet waterpump impeller, then throw a set of 33 PWKs and you'll be kicking their ass. I had Jeff @ FAST do all my port work he's a first class guy who knows how to make em go fast.

This was my last setup except just a stock head. No problem beating the 450's. Probably the cheapest of all the ways listed. A +4mm stock cylinder and a serval would have no problem beating them (and would have more power) but also cost more.

Edited by robert.b.west

HJR dune port, shearer pipes, cool head and domes for pump gas for your elevation, 4 mil or stock crank, stock carbs and it'll be a ripper. I had Kevin also do my cyls and crank should be in the 60's with 19cc domes and race gas for my setup.