What is with the Serval Cat?

I rebuilt my motor about a year ago and I dont remember any mention about Serval Cats then....Obviously is a monoblock cylinder but what really makes em tick? What is the advantage over porting stock cylinders, which I did? Post away!

save yourself the time and effort and just get a CHEETAH CUB............

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

save yourself the time and effort and just get a CHEETAH CUB............

This makes absolutely no sense.

They are the exact same cylinder with different port timings for difference purposes, how would it save you anything to buy a cub if you are wanting a trail or dune motor?

The search works fine, you just have to try different search terms to find all the info you need.

I rebuilt my motor about a year ago and I dont remember any mention about Serval Cats then....Obviously is a monoblock cylinder but what really makes em tick? What is the advantage over porting stock cylinders, which I did? Post away!

Hit up andy at m&m atv he'll tell what you need to know about the serval.

Yes, compared to CPIs and Shearers they failed miserably. They signed off around 7500rpm and couldn't pull any more torque down low than the top end pipes did.

Damn...... banghead Now I have to buy new pipes again for this set-up......Im going to run with the CPI's....they're cheaper & im on a budget.

used the cpis' and shear are usually about the same.. 350-400?

With my luck I probaly won't find any used Shearers when I get my money straight. I seem to always run into CPI's tho.

Hopefully I could get a set of good used Sherarers, that's what I prefer.

I have nothing but time cause I just rebuilt the motor I have now in march of this year, Im just trying to keep up with the joneses....... :rotflmao:

Edited by 252wheelieking

I'm not quite sold on these yet, they sound like a 4 mill aggressive dune port for a ton more money. They sound more like a trail set up than a dune set up. I don't know about other duners, but I like a nice top end for the big hills and fast sections. It sounds like these will fail with out a bunch of porting work to put at least some top end in them.

I had this very conversation with Kim and K&T when I built my 421, after I told him what I wanted he put me onto a ported cub, and I am very happy with it so far.

and thats the exact thing you need to discuss with your "builder" instead of buying the BBD get what YOU want for the power YOU are looking for.

the serval deff has its place..

YEAH......... it gave me 3 matches......all from this post. banghead

Why do people say "Do a search"....this search feature sucks!

I got 74 results by searching "serval", including the two threads that M&M started, with all of this info in it...

I guess the search function works for me. I think maybe you guys don't know how to use it.

I got 74 results by searching "serval", including the two threads that M&M started, with all of this info in it...

I guess the search function works for me. I think maybe you guys don't know how to use it.

:clap:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sold on these yet, they sound like a 4 mill aggressive dune port for a ton more money. They sound more like a trail set up than a dune set up. I don't know about other duners, but I like a nice top end for the big hills and fast sections. It sounds like these will fail with out a bunch of porting work to put at least some top end in them.

I had this very conversation with Kim and K&T when I built my 421, after I told him what I wanted he put me onto a ported cub, and I am very happy with it so far.

Come ride my Serval out on the small dunes outside Oasis campground at LS, you'll be sold then! Admittedly a 4 mil aggressive/drag stock cylinder set up might line up with it and run in a straight line, BUT where the Serval starts building power is phenomenal. If I wanted to beat more people I'd go with the Cub. For a do it all motor, IMO it would be hard to beat a Serval, even with a 4mil stock cylinder bike.

Come ride my Serval out on the small dunes outside Oasis campground at LS, you'll be sold then! Admittedly a 4 mil aggressive/drag stock cylinder set up might line up with it and run in a straight line, BUT where the Serval starts building power is phenomenal. If I wanted to beat more people I'd go with the Cub. For a do it all motor, IMO it would be hard to beat a Serval, even with a 4mil stock cylinder bike.

lets get together adn then you can ride my 421 stock cylinder "trail bike"