race gas

With the mods you have you will be good with just running on 93 pump gas. Running stright race gas could lead to detto and a rebuild. you could do a mix but even at that you will notice little if any difference. But just for shits, whats your compression and dome size?

Edited by bonerific250

With the mods you have you will be good with just running on 93 pump gas. Running stright race gas could lead to detto and a rebuild. you could do a mix but even at that you will notice little if any difference. But just for shits, whats your compression?

oh ok that cleared it up for me. thank you for the info guys.

OK let me straighten this all out! Will you gain power simply by running race fuel?

NO!!!!

the only reason to run high octane fuel is to avoid Pre ignition or detonation (often caused by high compression). You do not gain power by running race fuel you gain power by running higher compression (requiring higher octane fuel)

Oxygenated race fuels will require rejetting. In your case with 21cc domes, High octane fuels will do nothing for performance as higher octane simply results in a slower and cooler combustion (good to resist high compression).

well said! ........really just throwing your cash away with 21cc domes, 93 octane will do fine ive been running 16cc domes in my cool head now for 10 years and yes extra compression equals more power but after all the coin ive spent on having to run straight racegas ........................................................its killing me!

With the mods you have you will be good with just running on 93 pump gas. Running stright race gas could lead to detto and a rebuild. you could do a mix but even at that you will notice little if any difference. But just for shits, whats your compression and dome size?

For the record do not ever listen to advise from this guy! If he knew what he was talking about his first and only question would have been what your compression is not suggesting a 50/50 mix.... :shootself:

The reason for race fuel is high compression. Race fuel wont cause detonation, nor will it cause engine problems. I'm with everybody who said don't waste your money. It will actually make your bike run worse. It sure smells good though.

X2 on running worse. I ran out of pump gas while riding so my buddy gave me some 50/50 mix of 110.....My bike ran, but it sure didn't run the same. I'll stick with pump since I'm not running high compression.

I just laugh and shake my head, whenever someone says "if you don't have 160-170psi or so, you don't need race gas." DO NOT use compression gauge readings, dictate what octane fuel to run. A compression gauge is simply a tool used to measure cranking compression. You need to know UCCR and CCR of motor to accurately know what fuel to run. I don't know why this compression thing ain't a sticky or something?? It should be, so people simply stop using their harbor freight compression tester to dictate the octane requirements of their motors.