advice help!

hi!! help!!!!! putting some tlc into my new banshee just got finished cleaning carbs, replaced rear sprocket and caliper, i had it up and sitting on end,i was taking the rear sprocket skid plate off. and i got it all put back together and know the powerband will not kick in, it just sputters through all gears and never takes off..... i think i might have flooded the reeds?? or ??? i put new plugs in it and pulled them and they looked alittle black could running it to lean keep the powerband from kicking in?? air filter looks good nothing in there..... carbs seem to be synced and i have good compression.. starts fine and revs fine.... if i lift the rear axle and let the tires spin it sounds like the powerband is kickin in.... its a 98 banshee fmf fatboys, jetted 240, stainless water impelller, motor was rebuilt in 2003 i thinki or 04, i think the cdi is stock could that of went bad? thanks for the help....!!!!!

Sounds like an elictrical issue, check ur coil make sure its getting good ground n that all the wires are connected, if everything looks fine try a dif coil.. Friend of mine had same issue last wknd at Dumont, we replaced the coil n the sputtering went away.. hope this helps.

did you take the carbs apart at the same time? it is possible to put the wrong slides backwards in the opposite carbs.....and it is also possible to put the wrong carb bowls on the wrong carbs. pull the air filter and look at the slides......the half moon cut out should be visible from the backside of the bike (air filter side of motor) also look at the bows.....the carb bowl are side specific. the carb bowl that has a brass ball on it should be on the choke side carb.

if you managed to flood it then you can take the pipes off and pour the fuel out of the pipes. then kick it over with the ignition turned off to get any extra out of the engine cases......

then report back...

• 2 weeks later...

hi!! help!!!!! putting some tlc into my new banshee just got finished cleaning carbs, replaced rear sprocket and caliper, i had it up and sitting on end,i was taking the rear sprocket skid plate off. and i got it all put back together and know the powerband will not kick in, it just sputters through all gears and never takes off..... i think i might have flooded the reeds?? or ??? i put new plugs in it and pulled them and they looked alittle black could running it to lean keep the powerband from kicking in?? air filter looks good nothing in there..... carbs seem to be synced and i have good compression.. starts fine and revs fine.... if i lift the rear axle and let the tires spin it sounds like the powerband is kickin in.... its a 98 banshee fmf fatboys, jetted 240, stainless water impelller, motor was rebuilt in 2003 i thinki or 04, i think the cdi is stock could that of went bad? thanks for the help....!!!!!

do banshees come stock with a power band and how do you know if it is working