Assembling Top End

So I am beggining to reassemble my topend.

I was told by motor builder to pour some cleaning solvent into the bottom end and then dump out to give the bottom end a cleaning.

After filling both crank case sides full, I noticed that I am losing solvent out the clutch side case. When I removed the tranny drain bolt, solvent came out. The flywheel side is not losing any solvent.

Is this a problem? I am thinking this isn't going to pass a leak down test and that I have seal issues in my bottom end?

Thanks

I am not sure what the exact fluid is, just a standard parts cleaning solvent. I use it in my parts washing tank/station. I purchase it from a local shop that carries it in bulk. I will get the details from the shop owner tomorrow. I had purchased new, clean fluid for the task.

I am pretty sure I had a seal issue prior to pouring in the solvent, the loss was almost immediate upon pouring in the fluid. I removed the clutch cover and found the fluid leaking from the clutch side main seal.

I was in the process of reassembling the top end since I just purchased new pistons and had the cylinders bored.

I noticed a lot of carbon build up in the clutch side case. The motor seemed to run fine before I tore it down. Could this be an indication that something was not right?

Just tear it down and give it a good check-out while you're doing the top side. It won't be that much more work and you will be glad you did in the long run. There's nothing like trashing a brand new top end because something was wrong down below that you either ignored or didn't see. Don't be that guy lol.