Pick up gap

Ok so I've searched a bunch of places and everywhere I find it, all it says is the proper gap. So my question is my gap was way off, how do I adjust it? I loosened the 2 Phillips heads and I can't move it forward enough to get the right gap. Any helP is appreciated!!

No need to undo the screws. Simply bend the tab in or out so that you get .018 with a feeler gauge or with the lid of a match box.

Make sure the flywheel magnet it lined up when you bend and measure it.

Ok what I'm doing is turning te flywheel until the magnet pulls the little tab out then measuring it with my feeler gauge. Just to make sure I'm not having a brain fart the pickup coil is the little black piece on the outside of the flywheel towards the bottom right side correct?

Ok what I'm doing is turning te flywheel until the magnet pulls the little tab out then measuring it with my feeler gauge. Just to make sure I'm not having a brain fart the pickup coil is the little black piece on the outside of the flywheel towards the bottom right side correct?

Yes. That is the pick-up. I used a buisness card between mine. Both lined up perfect. Make sure that you check them both.

I installed a trinity timing plate and the closeest gap was .25 so i tokk a drill bit that fit inside the screw hole and milled (slotted) it alittle so the gap was perfect. only do the one hole the other side will pivot over giving you good gap.

p.s. their was a good point to check both fly wheel nubs.

min spec is .15 feeler gauges are cheap

or you can mic the business card then use it for measurments

mic = micrometer + harbor fright = 12.99 with 20% coupon