Stator bad or CDI?

jjn56

He said the plugs are wet. You might want to make sure your cases and/or pipes are not flooded with fuel. Take the plugs out, turn the bike upside down and roll the engine over with the kicker to see if fuel comes out. When the fuel quits coming out, put the bike right and let it sit for awhile with no plugs to air out. Then install new plugs and see if it will start.

Tried this one already, had this problem about a year ago before I rebuilt my carbs. took the pipes off and no fuel in them, kicked it and nothing came out of the crank. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If I have spark and my stator and pickup coil Ohm's are OK can my stator still be bad.

Little history, bike ran fine, decided to get an adjustable timing plate, installed it per instructions, wouldn't start, Thought I possibly may have damaged the stator while taking the flywheel off (bent a pole) so I bought a used stator off ebay (RM Stator 200w), Still won't start. Has fuel, has spark, still wont start at all, Ohm'ed the kill switch, and key switch also, both OK. Basically I'm to the point of do I buy another stator or a try a CDI next. Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried putting the old timing plate back on?