lightened flywheel

im in the middle of a engine build.4mill passion port,is a lightend flywheel worth getting.i can get one free off a friends bike. :confused:

Is he giving it to you or do you have to swap him your stock one for his cut one? I ran one for about a week or two before I swaped mine out. Just about all it does is make you banshee "Sound" fast. It will rev up quick in neutral. It will be easier to bog launching off the line, and it will fall off the pipe easier.

I had my flywheel lightened last year and did notice that it would slightly rev quicker when in neutral and when driving it. I paid attention for it wanting to fall off the pipe easier and for it to be doggy on the start, but noticed it hadn't really changed from when I had the stock un-cut flywheel on it. Maybe I got lucky?? Lightened flywheel seems to be working for me.

I had my flywheel lightened last year and did notice that it would slightly rev quicker when in neutral and when driving it. I paid attention for it wanting to fall off the pipe easier and for it to be doggy on the start, but noticed it hadn't really changed from when I had the stock un-cut flywheel on it. Maybe I got lucky?? Lightened flywheel seems to be working for me.

how big are you? i was told that they work best with a light rider. i only weigh around 145 -150.

how big are you? i was told that they work best with a light rider. i only weigh around 145 -150.

i'm a little guy.......144 to 147 lbs (depends which scale i go on :=)

there was material taken off of the O.D. on both sides of the 2 nubby things, where the pickup coil gets its reading/signal from. there was also material taken off the face of the flywheel.

Edited by mopar1rules

they add tq.... if it falls off the "pipe" its ported a lil wrong or jetted a lil wrong.. OR being ridden wrong ( shifted to early, overreved to far THEN shifted ETC)

i like a lighter flywheel i like the quick rev of the engine. i have ran ones with about 60 tho taken off i weigh 280lbs!! i have had one on my trail bikes and my race bikes for a long time

i didnt really like the PVL ignition's/.//