ANY ONE KNOW?

Top speed will be dictated only by your gearing, the higher hp will help you pull the taller gearing but it will then be impractical for trail riding, you'd have to change sprockets depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

If money is no object go with a big cheetah PV motor. Prepare to spend several thousand dollars building it properly.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top speed will be dictated only by your gearing, the higher hp will help you pull the taller gearing but it will then be impractical for trail riding, you'd have to change sprockets depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

If money is no object go with a big cheetah PV motor. Prepare to spend several thousand dollars building it properly.

what would be the next step with my motor first before i go that big, with my stock cylinders and crankcase what else can i do to anything on or in it to make it faster and better

There are countless ways to do it and having a price range will help us know what mods to suggest.

If you are mister money bags go full billet mattoon cases, chariot billet stator cover with bearing support, straight cut gears with a billet basket possibly with the option to run 8-10 plates and or a lock up, a lock up cover, etc... There's more I just can't think of off the top of my head as I would never build this type of motor for my type of riding. shrug03.gif

Do some research if you're serious about this, talk to one of the site sponsor builders. Right now most on here would feel as though they're wasting their time giving suggestions to a kid with big dreams, at your age you should be trying to learn all you can, read and search all over this site and soak it all up.

At 15 I don't see how you are affording several thousand worth of mods on your banshee in the engine alone, like mentioned before, you should be spending money on your suspension FIRST as with 55-60 hp you already have far overpowered your set up. If you want the big motor you should be dropping another 2-3 grand easy on your suspension FIRST.

I know you want the best of the best and the most power possible, I understand the mentality. However, you need to step back and analyze what is practical and what you will be doing with the bike and mod accordingly to accomplish this without any overkill and spending 10 grand on a trail bike.

There are countless ways to do it and having a price range will help us know what mods to suggest.

thanks, and at 15 yea i might be young turning 16 soon, i have a job and dont spend my money stupidly, i save it and i do read other posts on here alot and i have the full clymers manual and try to learn everything i can, my price range doesnt matter is what im saying because i will just save all my money while planning what to do out and when i have it all planned and know a final price and get enough money i will the build it, i dont want to go that crazy billet cases and crap, ive talked to some of them already ive looked everywhere at all theparts and stuff trying to find whats best and find what to do, and my suspension is already really good atleast i think, but i am next winter going through and buying new j-arms and a-arms and an axle and stuff, the j and a arms im getting from stellar, what is the best axle to get? and also its not going to actually be my trail bike i have rode it twice in trails and thats it, im looking for stuff to do next time i tear it apart when something goes wrong