suspended single arm chassis

rb0804

I have seen some suspened single a-arm chassis around that look like they use some sort of a strut, complete with the spindle. Does anyone know where I can get these struts? I can post some pictures later on if it will help out. Thanks.

I have seen some suspened single a-arm chassis around that look like they use some sort of a strut, complete with the spindle. Does anyone know where I can get these struts? I can post some pictures later on if it will help out. Thanks.

call tyson racing.......................

Oh Joee, no love for us site sponsors?

We offer many different styles of suspension setups for drag racing. The single arm suspended setup does work like a strut in a car as the shock is directly supporting the spindle. Give me a call if you have any questions on it. I am here to help.

Tim Wible

Stellar Machine and Performance

520-481-6946

DSC02453.jpg

Believe it or not Larry, we can save a client some money by modding their stock chassis. It saves a decent amount of time not having to build the rear swingarm pivots, rear engine mounts, front seat mount, fuel tank mounts, etc. A couple of quick cuts and we can have the section of stock chassis setup in the fixture and start adding chromoly. We offer it boths ways (modded stock or complete chromoly build), I just used this picture for referrance.

In that pic we have mockup struts in place for the build. But you would normally have a Marvin Shaw shock in its place for dune racing, or you could use a lightweight strut for track racing as well.

Thanks for the reply, I sent you a PM.

We still don't have this set-up the way I like. We need to modify it to hopefully get it where I will be happy. There's nothing wrong with the workmanship, but something is wrong in the geometry. Yes, it has front brakes.

Looks neat Bryan where did you come up with the struts at? I'm looking for a place to purchase the struts with the spindle, etc so all I have to do is fab the top shock mount and the lower a-arms.

Looks neat Bryan where did you come up with the struts at? I'm looking for a place to purchase the struts with the spindle, etc so all I have to do is fab the top shock mount and the lower a-arms.

The strut is a Marvin shaw shock. The spindle has to be made custom. I would be more specific in description & photos, but the set-up is not right yet.

The strut is a Marvin shaw shock. The spindle has to be made custom. I would be more specific in description & photos, but the set-up is not right yet.

So a regular Marvin Shaw slides into the spindle setup? Where can I get a spindle custom made? Does the spindle clamp the shaw in there some kind of way so that it doesn't pop out? How do I get ahold of you? I used to drop you a PM here from time to time and I thought about doing it before I started this thread, but didn't. I went back and looked the other day because I was curious about a few things, but I didn't see a PM option. Thanks for everyones' replies thus far.