Stuck swingarm bearing, any ideas?

Hi, i took my swingarm off to replace the bearings and chains slider, i removed the right side bearing just fine, but as i was pounding out the left one, the needles and lip broke off of it, and left just the smooth outer ring stuck in my swingarm banghead im thinking about sawzalling most of the way through it and breaking the ring so i can press it out, but im not quite sure, does anyone have a better idea? thanks guys.

<br />sometimes i get between the swinger and outer bearing race and fold it up some then you can hit it or pull it out with pliers<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This is what I do as well. Take a small dia punch with a sharp tip and drive between the outer race and swinger. Take care not to angle into the swing arm, if you scar it at all make sure you file it smooth before putting in the new bearings.

Hi, i took my swingarm off to replace the bearings and chains slider, i removed the right side bearing just fine, but as i was pounding out the left one, the needles and lip broke off of it, and left just the smooth outer ring stuck in my swingarm banghead im thinking about sawzalling most of the way through it and breaking the ring so i can press it out, but im not quite sure, does anyone have a better idea? thanks guys.

I would recomend a die grinder with a carbide burr over a Sawzall. You will be able to grind exactly whee you need to to make the outer shell break and then you can pull it out with pliers.

Put some heat to It first , heat theoutside of the pivot tube , not a whole lot and spray the inside with PB Blaster and use a long flat screwdriver or punch to tap it out , let the pb blaster soak for awhile , then heat it up it will slide out much easier , you may be able to use a socket that is just slightly smaller than the pivot tube diameter and a long extension to tap it out , I did that with my blaster swinger , had the same bearing failure .

I would try and use a dremel with a carbide bit and just take it slow and easy and cut through the race in two places 180 degrees away from eachother. Once your almost all the way through the bearing race on both sides, use a flat-head screw drive and tap it in slowly with a hammer and the race should crack and fall into the swingarm tube where you can remove it.

- Jared

I would try and use a dremel with a carbide bit and just take it slow and easy and cut through the race in two places 180 degrees away from eachother. Once your almost all the way through the bearing race on both sides, use a flat-head screw drive and tap it in slowly with a hammer and the race should crack and fall into the swingarm tube where you can remove it.

- Jared

Did this with my YSR50 swing arm, worked well!