What does vforce reeds do or change ?

They advertise better throttle response and HP gain. The vforce reed cage implements 4 reeds instead of 2 like the stock cage. the benefit is that the vforce reeds only have to open half as far to flow the same as the stock reeds, hence the better throttle response. There are mixed opinions on which Vforce models are the best. It depends on what your setup is and what you do with it. Personally, I prefer the Vforce3's with the cascade stuffers. I never liked the cheaper feel of the original vforce and vforce2's and the screws that were on the 2's. That's just me though.

They advertise better throttle response and HP gain. The vforce reed cage implements 4 reeds instead of 2 like the stock cage. the benefit is that the vforce reeds only have to open half as far to flow the same as the stock reeds, hence the better throttle response. There are mixed opinions on which Vforce models are the best. It depends on what your setup is and what you do with it. Personally, I prefer the Vforce3's with the cascade stuffers. I never liked the cheaper feel of the original vforce and vforce2's and the screws that were on the 2's. That's just me though.

I was wondering if you mind elaborating on the v3 setup with cascade stuffers? I have never heard of the cascade stuffers.

BigRed,

Have you done any dyno testing with the cascade stuffers to verify power gains?

It seems like a good idea, but it is to obvious for the V-force people to screw up... guess what I am asking is...is it a boost bottle type product?

what the heck!! if you are running stock intakes you should most likely use the stuffers that come with the vforce reeds,, i usually open up and match the ones that come with the reeds to larger intakes.. i always match the reeds to the intakes no matter the brand or design.

i also prefer the vf3's/ they just seem to be built better. i DO have a few sets of the 2's and they run well also. excellent for a stock bike bolt on upgrade. most times you can jet up a lil bit for them.

BigRed,

Have you done any dyno testing with the cascade stuffers to verify power gains?

It seems like a good idea, but it is to obvious for the V-force people to screw up... guess what I am asking is...is it a boost bottle type product?

I don't use dyno testing. I use seat of the pants riding out on the dunes. It also depends on what youre setup is. If its a stock stroke with stock carbs I would run the stuffers that come with the reeds. If its on a 10mil small block twister then I would run the cascade stuffers. Think about the flow restriction the stock stuffers would have on a setup that wants a lot of flow. My choice would change depending on what setup I'm putting them on. On my stock stroke & 4mil dune bikes I would run the stock vforce stuffers. On a drag setup or bigger aftermarket cylinders I would run the cascade ones.

what the heck!! if you are running stock intakes you should most likely use the stuffers that come with the vforce reeds,, i usually open up and match the ones that come with the reeds to larger intakes.. i always match the reeds to the intakes no matter the brand or design.

i also prefer the vf3's/ they just seem to be built better. i DO have a few sets of the 2's and they run well also. excellent for a stock bike bolt on upgrade. most times you can jet up a lil bit for them.

I totally agree with you cam, see my reply above. I don't run the cascade stuffers on every setup, just the ones that feel like they run better with it.

Ok, I think I understand now. The problem only occurs when the diameter of the intake is larger than the v force stuffer, which probably only happens on large intakes (39 mm or bigger) My intakes for my 35 mm pwks seem flush or smaller than the v force stuffer. So in my case the stuffer would do me no good.

Am I correct?

Ok, I think I understand now. The problem only occurs when the diameter of the intake is larger than the v force stuffer, which probably only happens on large intakes (39 mm or bigger) My intakes for my 35 mm pwks seem flush or smaller than the v force stuffer. So in my case the stuffer would do me no good.

Am I correct?

It depends on the intake velocity and flow characteristics you are trying to achieve in the intake runner. If you want higher velocity then use the stock stuffers, if your porting and setup require a slower flow rate then go with the cascade stuffers.

Does ANYONE have dyno info out there comparing the Cascade stuffers to the regular VForce stuffers? I wonder this myself. I have the VF3s with stuffers, but now have a Chariot intake. The cCariot is round, much the same size as the Vforce stuffer, but I lost my Vforce stuffers when I put the Cascade ones in. I used to have the UPP intakes, which are much bigger (not necessarily better, due to decreased velocity.)