GSP vs Silva

NoReGrEtSeE00

I know everyone has heard all the hype over GSP vs Anderson Silva. I was crusing through some MMA sites and came across Dana White Comfiring that GSP and Silva are Set to fight. GSP comfirmed to move up to 185. Anyone else heard this rumor?

And who do you think will step up to this fight and win?? :headbang:

I have actally heard quite oppoisite if this fight being confirmed. GSP still has a fight, he would have to gain a considerable amount of weight before he would fight anderson, and that would leave silva sitting out for another 9 months after the Shields vs. GSP fight. I heard Silva is going to end up taking the Okami fight that Okami earned and then see what goes from there.

IMO GSP is too small for MW anyway, he is only 5'11'' and there are guys like Silva, and Okami that are massive compared to that. Id like to see him stay right where he is and be the 170 champ as long as he can.

my perdiction gsp destroys sheilds and anderson wins his fight of course but them two fightin each other i would have to go with anderson cause anderson is bigger and when it does go to tha ground anderson could submit him or knock him out with anything he throws. anderson is tha pound for pound king for a reason, he jus plays with everyone until he has had enough...sonnen was on steriods and anderson had hurt ribs and he hit him with everything he had and still couldnt finsh anderson.... should be a good fight tho....

IF they did fight,

I think that if GSP stood there and played Anderson's little dancing games for long enough he would get knocked out.

BUT

I believe GSP is too smart to fall for that. I think GSP would (should) go for the take down as quick as possible and try to wear him out on the ground. GSP is so strong and athletic for a welterweight, he just doesn't have the reach to stand and trade with a guy with long arms who has such a nasty jab.

I think it could go either way but GSP's my boy and I'd have to put my money on him.

I find this all rather hillarious. Silva is calling out GSP, saying he is scared to take the fight because he could lose...

Yesterday Silva and Dana release a statement saying after UFC 128 Anderson Silva has no desire to return to 205 to face Jon Jones. (cant find the link, had it yesterday, i will keep looking)

yes if he doesnt get knocked out trying to take him to tha ground, even if it does go to tha ground anderson is just about tha best at everything , and jones is only going to get better as he gets older he is tha next anderson silva,,, gsp is jus bigger than every one in his weight class and he gets them on tha ground and octagon controlls them .... not going to do that with anderson silva but thats my opinion...

yes if he doesnt get knocked out trying to take him to tha ground, even if it does go to tha ground anderson is just about tha best at everything , and jones is only going to get better as he gets older he is tha next anderson silva,,, gsp is jus bigger than every one in his weight class and he gets them on tha ground and octagon controlls them .... not going to do that with anderson silva but thats my opinion...

I agree with some of that. But GSP does not really have a size advantage and does not only take guys to the ground and control them. He beat Josh Koscheck at his own game, stood up and battered him for 5 rounds, made Jon Fitch stand and battered him as well. The guy is just very intelligent and can come up with a plan to beat just about anybody.

Im pretty excited for the fights this weekend... Got a chance to meet Anthony Johnson and he is cool as hell. Big dude to be making 170 though. (Im 175 in this pic and he makes me look tiny)

I think Rumble and Hardy will be a good scrap.

aj.jpg

so ur comparing josh and jon to anderson silva , not even close to anderson but gsp did beat them up pretty bad but if i had to put my 1000 bucks on it i would go with anderson silva all day....

and yes hardy and rumble are going to be a good fight just depends on each others game plan i like both of them but more rumble than hardy.....

and iv always wanted to go to an ufc event...thats pretty tight

so ur comparing josh and jon to anderson silva , not even close to anderson but gsp did beat them up pretty bad but if i had to put my 1000 bucks on it i would go with anderson silva all day....

and yes hardy and rumble are going to be a good fight just depends on each others game plan i like both of them but more rumble than hardy.....

and iv always wanted to go to an ufc event...thats pretty tight

Im not comparing them in anyway, im simply saying GSP is smart enough to take damn near any fighter out of their comfort zone to have an advantage. Not saying he could or would be able to do it with anderson, but i was only commenting on the fact you said he only takes guys down and controls them. Simply not true.

id say 90 percent of his fights maybe more its on tha ground .....but thats mma and his lastfight was good against kosh. all im saying is that really dont see gsp having a chance unless some how anderson went down to his size . anderson has gone up in his weight class and has destroyed them gsp hasnt went up in weight class jus ppl that hes bigger than......

all that said im deff going to be pulling for him against sheilds hes jus not as a complete fighter as gsp.....

id say 90 percent of his fights maybe more its on tha ground .....but thats mma and his lastfight was good against kosh. all im saying is that really dont see gsp having a chance unless some how anderson went down to his size . anderson has gone up in his weight class and has destroyed them gsp hasnt went up in weight class jus ppl that hes bigger than......

all that said im deff going to be pulling for him against sheilds hes jus not as a complete fighter as gsp.....

agreed about the Shields fight.