Still moves in neutral

hey guys, I have a problem with the shee. The other day i took the banshee out for a ride and didnt notice there was no oil in the trans. When i got back to the house I put it in neutral and let off the clutch and a screeching noise come from the trans. At first I thought it was the clutch but then i noticed that it feels like it wants to move in neutral when i let off the clutch. I inspected the clutch and basket all looks fine. I am thinking it is a fork but not sure, you guys got to help me, trying to get this thing ready for the dunes.

Bearings need lubrication to keep friction to a minimum and heat down. Without it, you probably toasted your bearings and bushings. This would explain the noise and the lurching forward (bearing does not spin freely anymore). If it was a shift fork trying to engage the gear, you would hear the cogs grinding and banging trying to engage.

Bearings need lubrication to keep friction to a minimum and heat down. Without it, you probably toasted your bearings and bushings. This would explain the noise and the lurching forward (bearing does not spin freely anymore). If it was a shift fork trying to engage the gear, you would hear the cogs grinding and banging trying to engage.

thanks...tearing into it tomorrow...does anyone sell a rebuild kit with all the gaskets and bushings and seals.

Dont split them yet worse case you have to,If your tranny gears were shot it would make noise just pushing it around neverthe less starting it,my guess is your clutch dried out from no fluid and thats why you have the lunge,take your fibers out,inspect them,if they look good give them a good soak in ATF and put her back together,it could be a clutch issue

I have saw this happen before on a bike a friend of mine bought and it scared one of the trans shaft bad enough it didnt want to roll free so when it was in netural it still wants to move. Just so you know you dont need to tear the whole motor apart you can turn it upside down and pull the bottom half of the case off and pull the tranny out that way.

thanks guys..pushing it around it does make noise. i thought it was the clutch at first i did soak them and inspect them but still the same. i started today and almost have it completly apart but, i need a flywheel puller. i took the whole motor apart cause i had a suspicion of coolant leaking into the cylinder. sure enough when i took off the head the gasket showed signs. i still dont know were i am going to buy the bearings for the transmission, but while i am in the engine i am going to get the crank trued and welded and also replacing all the oil seals and bearings, also doing the regular mods to the shift star and drum.

Edited by 4everwantedbanshee

i finally tore into the banshee and split the cases. it found that the 5th pinion gear on the main shaft had burnt spots (burnt oil) in between the shaft and the gear, and it didnt let the pinion turn freely...was thinking of replacing the shaft and gear as a whole but was wondering of just using some emery cloth to polish the shaft and the gear to see if it would work. what does you guys think. it doesnt look that bad but just need some insite.