what's next?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do yourself a favor get the cases glass beaded,It makes it look n ew and the mating suirfaces get totally cleaned,its usually 25-35 dollars money well spent in the sceem of things,you need a basket,inner/outerhub,pancake bearing,shift shaft mod,max load on crank,and if your going crazy cut tranny.If you need me to spend any more of your money let me know

yeah we glass bead alot of heads at the machine shop where I work..... the finish on aluminum is really good...

I've got a sandblasting cabinet at my house with Aluminum oxide abrasive in it..... but I think that's too aggressive for aluminum....

I guess I'll have to convince my boss to let me use his sandblaster.........

sent the crank and the shift star off today....

looking at throttle cables and oil seals tonite.....

I was going to go with a twist throttle, but now I can't decide...... any Ideas?????

The clutch was a little grabby before and It will have to wait... I can do that later after the bike is back togther.... the friction plate thickness is still around .150

Edited by americanmusc1e

Kevin from HJR just called me and said my crank had already started separating...... its no good..... I need a new crank too........

I think I'm going to rename my banshee money pit #2

LOL when banshees wear out they tend to jump your wallet really fast. At least you got into it before anything exploded.

A lot of good advice here to make the bike have more power.

But lets not forget the two most important things, set up(read as traction) and the driver.

Practice driving. I know it took me a long time to learn to drag race my banshee as best as it could be. Then keep in mind it's a drag race. All out power sometimes doesnt win. Set up is a huge part. You need to have the power to the ground, good gearing, tires and so forth. I bet you are spinning a good bit taking off.

Edited by RagunCajun

I wanted to go 4mil.... but by that time my cylinders were already ported for stock stroke.... plus a 4mil crank is more than I can afford..... Kevin sold me a used trued/welded crank for $150.........I'm really outta cash right now so that was fine for me...

The clutch is next.......... but I want to get the motor back together and running first.....

I also replaced all the oil seals in the bottom end..... and my new motion pro TORS eliminator throttle cable just got here...... :headbang:

A lot of good advice here to make the bike have more power.

But lets not forget the two most important things, set up(read as traction) and the driver.

Practice driving. I know it took me a long time to learn to drag race my banshee as best as it could be. Then keep in mind it's a drag race. All out power sometimes doesnt win. Set up is a huge part. You need to have the power to the ground, good gearing, tires and so forth. I bet you are spinning a good bit taking off.

yeah.... I know how well you can drive the quad has ALOT to do with winning.....

there is a regular at where I drag race...... who has a KFX400 (same as a Suzuki LTZ400) with exhuast, intake and jetting that consistantly runs with the YFZ450's and Raptors..... most of it is because he is one hell of a driver.......

on a side note, the KFX400 he has is really nice, its an old pro-MX bike with $2000 worth of shocks and the nicest ASV adjustable clutch lever, I swear you can almost pull that thing with one finger..... I've driven it a couple of times.... it was the first sport-quad I ever drove and driving it was what convinced me I HAD to sell my old honda recon and step up to a sport quad.... I remember getting on it and playing around and punching it in second and almost falling off the back.....

• 2 weeks later...

got all my parts in and started to put it back together.....

new TORS-eliminator throttle kit

Welded/trued crank

Dune ported cylinders

modded shift star

19cc domes in my Trinity Coolhead

new oil seals

overbore with new wiseco pistons

modded airbox

Now I'm just waiting on the Jets to come in

100_6276.jpg

100_6282.jpg

100_6283.jpg

got the motor back together.....

100_6305.jpg

100_6307.jpg

100_6308.jpg

100_6310.jpg

then I started working on the frame...... while I have it apart I'm painting the frame black

I'm also painting the motor silver..... with flat black FMF pipes.....

more pics to come....

• 2 weeks later...

just a slight update....

got it running.... it runs good.. I still need to sync the carbs 100% though..... I also have a leaky fuel valve I need to fix

still need to finish the back plastic, paint the front plastic (everything I've tried wont bring it back), then get the seat recovered....

here is how it looks now

100_6318.jpg

went racing against a truck and won.... a low 5 second pass in the 250' that was a bad launch.... i'm still working on getting the most out of my driving....

P4230072.jpg