Help: Banshee not running right

loeyboy

'06 banshee all stock except T5 filter and boost bottle, has stock carbs. I've never had a problem with her before starts every time and has plenty of compression.

She has been sitting for 3 weeks on the grab bar. Cleaned her right before I put her away.

When I fire her up it's all good but the minute I hit the throttle it just bogs and then goes right back to idle. I let it warm up for a while then put it in gear and she go about 2 feet then bog again and go no where. No matter how much throttle I give it just won't go?

Anyone run into this before ?

Hate to be a smart ass, but is there plenty of fuel in the tank?

How about the parking brake rev limiter?

Go almost to the end of this thread.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140967&st=0&p=1217269&hl=+parking%20+brake&fromsearch=1entry1217269

I think you're right on! I just installed the parking block off plate before I put it away. And yes, it has plenty of fuel. The bike starts and idles fine but the minute you hit the throttle it sounds restricted.....HA!

i new it wasn't the carbs.

So, I have to cut two wires in order to remove the parking brake and install the block off plate?

Just cut 1 wire.

"The only proper way to get rid of it is to cut the green/yellow wire IN THE BIKE HARNESS at the CDI box plug."

I just make to be 100% sure I'm doing the right thing.

So, it's the green wire with the yellow tracer in the back the quad coming out of the CDI box?

Thanks!

Yes, that's it. Cut the wiring harness side of the plug. Do NOT cut the wire between the connector and the CDI box. Someone, somewhere, may want to use that CDI box with the park brake "feature". Make your cut a couple inches from the connector, so that it could be connected back if necessary. Then heat shrink or tape the wire, so it can't short to ground.