Best sand tires for front and rear

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I just bought an 02 banshee. Planning on taking it out onto the dunes when the weather gets nice. My question is what are peoples preference for sand tires ? Seems like everyone likes 'haulers' I had geckos on my last atv and stock front tires but that was years ago.

As for mods to the bike it's totally stock but at some point I wouldn't mind doing toomeys and re jetting it. I think that's about all I would do to the engine. I'd also like to be advised on what size tires to get. Thanks guys

everyone like haulers beacause they kicka$$. you should too. i run 8 paddle 22x11x8 and gbc dune tracker fronts 21x8x10.

TREAT YOURSELF DONT CHEAT YOURSELF

Edited by MRPINK

ive had geckos, sand stars, haulers and extremes. IMO the geckos were a waist of money completely. the sand stars were good but didnt even compare to the haulers. if you ride the dunes more than once a year (if you dont id run knobbies IMO) i would suggest getting the haulers. for the front ive used the single ribs, dual ribs and mohawks. the single worked best for me.

• 2 months later...

I went from running the 8 paddle haulers to 9 paddle extremes, i love the way they hook up. this was before i ported the motor and they were great, now that it's ported, i'd say i love em more. stay away from molded tires.

for the front i am running kenda runners they cut hard and do a great job, i really enjoyed the baldies i had though, they just got punctured everytime i hit lava rock.

I have 10 paddle haulers, 10 paddle edges and a set of sand skate2’s. It all depends on how you ride. I like and use the edges the most. I agree they are not as good for drags as haulers but they shine in corners and still climb good. We ride some long ass sand trails out here and the haulers don’t even come close to the Edges. The only time I use the Sand Skate2’s is if we are riding trails that have rock and dirt sections. They hold up well and still hook way better then dirt tires.