East Coast BHQ Ride

I can try to make it down but thats a 14-15 hr drive for me its about the same distance to silverlake sand dunes from here. If i can get a buddy to go with me and if i have reliable transportation down ill go, as of now i have a totaled jeep. My banshee doesn't usually leave my garage unless its seeing a road until may, the season doesn't open here until may 15. Whats the deal with registration down there and do you need insurance? We will have to plan a trip in maine sometime i know there are a lot of guys on here from NJ, conn, mass, nh, and NY that would be able to make it a 2 day trip.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can try to make it down but thats a 14-15 hr drive for me its about the same distance to silverlake sand dunes from here. If i can get a buddy to go with me and if i have reliable transportation down ill go, as of now i have a totaled jeep. My banshee doesn't usually leave my garage unless its seeing a road until may, the season doesn't open here until may 15. Whats the deal with registration down there and do you need insurance? We will have to plan a trip in maine sometime i know there are a lot of guys on here from NJ, conn, mass, nh, and NY that would be able to make it a 2 day trip.

Insurance is optional.......NC don't register ATV's.....If your the owner of a quad you just need a bill of sale or title showing proof that you are the legal owner/buyer of that ATV. The only way you will get a title in your name in NC is if you buy it new from a dealer. I have my title & a bill of sale from the previous owner that signed the title & bill of sale over to me when I brought my shee. I took it to my local DMV to get it registered in my name & the lady there told me that they don't register ATV's. I asked her how could I prove that this ATV is legally mines & she said as long as it's signed over from previous owner to buyer it is legit & that I need to keep my bill of sale & title in a safe place that nobody else has access to. If I didn't they could steal my paper work & forged signatures & say I sold it to them & there's nothing I could do. :confused: That's what I was tolded by the lady that worked in the DMV... :confused:

Edited by 252wheelieking

Why don't we plan a second outting later in the summer? I already have my vaction planned for Busco in late July/August. The only thing that sucks is the drive there but you can't have everything.

Why don't we plan a second outting later in the summer? I already have my vaction planned for Busco in late July/August. The only thing that sucks is the drive there but you can't have everything.

Just curious.. if your in Indiana.. Why not try to attend the Little Sahara ride in Oct? I assure anyone worried about the drive that it is well worth a 20+hr drive!

Lots of guys going from NY, JY and north east looking to split the fuel..

alright cool i only have one issue with the NC ride. I don't have a title for my banshee i do have a bill of sale. Is the title necessary? If it is i guess you won't be seeing me nor my friends. You don't need a title in maine to own a used atv, i still have the title for my blaster i sold 3 years ago.

The only thing you need to ride at Busco is a helmet and goggles. No Registration, insurance or title is needed, the only paper work you have to do is sign a waiver in case you get hurt. This is private land not a state park, so this means there should not be any DNR or police unless they're called for something.

I think the date should stay only because people are already planning on this, But I dont see why we cant all hook up there later on in the year again and have a big ole BHQ bash.

The only thing you need to ride at Busco is a helmet and goggles. No Registration, insurance or title is needed, the only paper work you have to do is sign a waiver in case you get hurt. This is private land not a state park, so this means there should not be any DNR or police unless they're called for something.

I think the date should stay only because people are already planning on this, But I dont see why we cant all hook up there later on in the year again and have a big ole BHQ bash.

X2.....YOU COULD NOT EXPLAINED THAT ANY BETTER.... :headbang::headbang:

BUMP FOR BHQ RIDE @ BUSCO & THE FREEDOM YOU HAVE @ BUSCO........ :headbang::headbang:

Edited by 252wheelieking

Damn I want be attending guys, wife informed on friday that baby #2 is on the way. Got to put down the toys for a lil while now. You guys will have a great time, I can wait to see the pics.

Damn I want be attending guys, wife informed on friday that baby #2 is on the way. Got to put down the toys for a lil while now. You guys will have a great time, I can wait to see the pics.

Come on man this could be your last hoorah. lol :headbang:

Congrats to mom and yourself and thats totally understandable

Man look at Travis backing out of another trip banghead banghead banghead

This will be a very inexpensive trip dude, Im sure you could still wing it, just buckle down some more.

Bread and water for the next couple of months, no biggie :whoa: