East Coast BHQ Ride

Alright east coast guys I'm always reading about all these BHQ rides, but they're never around here. I think we need to resolve this problem and get one together ourselves.

UPDATE: The ride is being held at Busco Beach ATV park in NC here is a link to their site www.buscobeach.com . The dates are going to be May13th, 14th and the 15th the same weekend as the St.Joe BHQ ride this is 2 weeks before Memorial Day weekend.

Busco Beach is private land which is an island and riding is permitted 24 hours a day there is no quiet time and alcohol is encouraged. The cost to ride is $5 a day and to camp in a tent is another $5 a day they also have full hookup sites for the RV boys at different rates you can check with them on that. All hook up sites must be reserved in advance so check with Busco Beach on that also. By the way if you have a jetski or a PWC bring it with you, there's a spot to do that to.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great idea, an atv park would be best. Police dont seem to like ATV riders much on the EastCoast, so finding a safe and legal spot to host this is very important. I will definitley like to joinin this ride.

This is a great idea, an atv park would be best. Police dont seem to like ATV riders much on the EastCoast, so finding a safe and legal spot to host this is very important. I will definitley like to joinin this ride.

X2.....I'm down.....I don't know of any big ATV parks on the EAST COAST other than BUSCO BEACH here in GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA. Look up Busco Beach on the internet, it's NICE..... :headbang:

I'd probably go if it were in PA on a weekend off, but Hatfield Mccoy is about 12 hours from here. If you had it in NJ, you could call it Trespass Fest.

PA would also be a lot closer for me also. The only thing is where do we have it at in PA that aint gonna cost everybody a ton of money to just ride for a weekend. I think Treverton would be great, but wouldn't it cost everybody $100 for a RAC permit. Lets here some suggestions from some people that know some places. Theres a couple of state parks here in MD that allow atvs but they're not really that big for a whole weekend of riding.I just checked out Busco Beach and it looks like a pretty cool place and it's 5 hours from MD and about 8 for you bode1. This place could work out real nice. Lets here what you guys think. Heres the link to Busco Beach http://www.buscobeach.com/

Yes, PA would be nice but everyone would probably need those permits to be able to ride there legally. I live in Jersey and like I said before the Cops dont like ATV's, they are giving out $1k fines for atv riding along with tickets for unregistered vehicles. I have had mine run-in with police on atv's chasing people and zip tie there clutch levers, I have only gotten one $180 fine for riding on private property and having an unregistered vehicle. This EastCoast ride can be done, but will require tons of proper planning with a safe/affordable location in mind.

Yes, PA would be nice but everyone would probably need those permits to be able to ride there legally. I live in Jersey and like I said before the Cops dont like ATV's, they are giving out $1k fines for atv riding along with tickets for unregistered vehicles. I have had mine run-in with police on atv's chasing people and zip tie there clutch levers, I have only gotten one $180 fine for riding on private property and having an unregistered vehicle. This EastCoast ride can be done, but will require tons of proper planning with a safe/affordable location in mind.

Check the link for Busco Beach in my post before this one

I just got off the phone with Busco, they seem like really nice people. They are a 24/7 operation you can ride all night or just kick back and drink all night no quiet time here. Tent camping is pretty much you roll up and set up somewhere around the lake, they also have elec. and sew. hook ups for the rv people and generators are ok. And as far as a date how about we do it the same weekend the other BHQ ride is happening May 13th, 14th, and 15th. I think it would be kick ass to have two BHQ rides on the same weekend a thousand miles apart. So there it is Busco Beach is the place and the dates will be May 13th, 14th, and the 15th. Come on East Coast lets make this happen.

So the people who have been to Busco Beach, speak up

Tell us about it, I checked out the website and they don't show many pictures, Hows the terrain, what type of riding do they have there?? Any steep hills, long straight aways to open it up??

Is it rocky??

I may be down for this also, I dont see a problem getting off work for 2-3days.

Ill talk to my boys and see whats up..