Parking Brake ?

MikeNick

I got a 92 Ranger 2wd an the parking brake doesnt work. My question is when I remove the cable from the drums can I take the plate out that actuates the brakes or do I just need to take the cable out an not bother anything else.

Not knowing how the set up is , I would say just unhook the cable inside the drum. More than likely would have to leave the actuator arm. How soon are you going to do it , because I could go on the Ranger Station and post the question for you. :cheers:

Im doin it tomorrow Larry. I'm at least gonna cut the cable off so it doesn't hold the shoes up. I took the left rear side off and the shoes were worn on the bottoms worse than the top so Im thinkin that ebrake got tightened up where someone accidentally hit the ebrake pedal an it hung up.

You could either cut the cable if you really want to, unless the lever is seized on and locking the wheels. If you do take the wheel and drums off, it's pretty simple to remove all e-brake hardware. :cheers:

Well I cut the complete cable off an removed all hardware on the left side since that's all I was working on, i'll do the other side when it warms up some. After getting that fixed my dad was pumping the brakes for me while I was bleeding them and a fuckin rusty line blew!! So I had to replace almost 7 ft of line too...Talk about a bad weekend..lol

Well I cut the complete cable off an removed all hardware on the left side since that's all I was working on, i'll do the other side when it warms up some. After getting that fixed my dad was pumping the brakes for me while I was bleeding them and a fuckin rusty line blew!! So I had to replace almost 7 ft of line too...Talk about a bad weekend..lol

haha the joys of working on older vehicles :headbang: