Suspension slow to return - New guy here.

Hey guys, I'm new here, my buddy just gave me his banshee while he is on holidays for me to try and fix it. I'm more of a four stroke guy, I have a heavily modded ltz 400 (450cc) myself.

He said his shee is bored to 400cc and he has a Toomey T5 exhaust. I'm not sure which year though.

The problem is that the suspension takes a long time to go back to normal when fully compressed. It takes about 4-5 seconds to come back up and you can hear the left shock make a "pshhh" sound when coming back up.

He also told me that quite a lot of fuel comes out the drain line, more than is supposed to and that has just had the carb cleaned 2 days ago.

I told him that I've seen that many of you banshee guys also run yfz shocks so he might look into that if they need to be replaced.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Here she is, needs a wash. Sorry only have night pics.

DSCF3303.jpg

DSCF3305.jpg

DSCF3306.jpg

As far as the fuel goes, its either the floats are not set right, or the float needle is not seating. Pull the carbs off and check the float height. Also check the float needle to see if it is closing.

If u have to go get shocks, get Works Shocks.

I just ordered Works shocks a month ago and they are amazing.

If u get new shocks then u dont have to worry about buying used yfz shocks that could be just as bad as the shocks on ur banshee now.

It costs the same amount to get yfz shocks and get then rebuilt than it does to just get brand new works shocks set to ur riding style, weight, etc.