Swingarm pivot bolt stuck

Hi there, i need to take my swingarm off to put in new bearings and a chain slider, so i took the nut and washer off, and the bolt will rotate in the frame but not come out, so i tipped the quad up on its side and soaked everything in bolt loosener, and then used a bolt and fender washer in the hollow hole to protect the bolt while i hammered it out, but it wont budge, ive hit this thing with some real force from a 4ft sledge hammer, and its really stuck :confused: , any ideas and help would be apreciated, thanks

Hi there, i need to take my swingarm off to put in new bearings and a chain slider, so i took the nut and washer off, and the bolt will rotate in the frame but not come out, so i tipped the quad up on its side and soaked everything in bolt loosener, and then used a bolt and fender washer in the hollow hole to protect the bolt while i hammered it out, but it wont budge, ive hit this thing with some real force from a 4ft sledge hammer, and its really stuck :confused: , any ideas and help would be apreciated, thanks

sawzall my friend.cut between the swinger dustcap and ur frame,that way u dont cut ur swinger lol.do that on both sides,pull swinger out.beat the remaining pieces out,soak,whatever.it will be easier to get out the rest of bolt and sleeve with the swinger out,and ur for sure gonna buy a new bolt and sleeve anyway,cuz if its siezed in there that bad,its fucked anyway.or keep hammering,soaking,air chisel,but the sawzall makes short work of that task.good luck!!

volcrano is right, been through this myself. don't waste days of beating on it for it not to move. get two good metal sawzall blades (one per cut) and cut it out on each side of the swinger in 15min then buy a new bolt for $20. When you install the new one lube it up with anti-sieze or grease and pop it out every 6 mo & relube it.

hmmm, im not sure if theres room to cut it out without damaging the frame or swingarm, although i may try it, and yeah its an older bike (1993) and i doubt the swigarm has ever been off. banghead

Have you tried heat?

You may end up having to cut it. If you damage your stock swingarm let me know, I have a like new stocker off my 06SE.

i went to lowes and bought a solid hardened steel rod, drilled a hole in the end and inserted a cotter pin and used it to pound out the bolt on my yfz. The cotter pin helps keep the rod centered on the swingarm bolt and it sticks out a good 2ft so i don't have to worry about hitting the bike with the sledge. I used a full size 10lb sledge on the yfz and it still took me a good 2 hours of beating on it before it finally broke loose.

IMO i would cut it though, that's how i did my banshee after 2 weeks of trying to beat it out.

Ditto those who answered with cutting the bolt with a saw. I have been through 3 of them on quads I have bought. Use a small bottle jack to slighty spread the frame-just enough to get the blade of a saw between the frame and swing arm. A air chisel may have to be used to drive the frozen parts out.

Good luck.