my first mx season

njdevil26

hey guys. ive been riding for a few yrs and decided i wanna start racing. idk about going pro yet but just to go out there and bump around. im 22 and have never raced before. my shee is pretty stock. pipes, jets, carb, some nerfs and thats about it. can anyone help me figure out the classes and stuff. im from nj and there isnt much racing here and i think ima try going to atco in sj. can anyone tell me what class would be best for me and what is the track req for my quad to run. thanks in advance guys

i spent most of today calling up different tracks and trying to peice together what i can. thank you for all that info. it pretty much answered every questioned i had, and if you wanna give me some hints on the staging, im sure i need all the help i can. i went to atco's track site ( local nj track ) and saw the listing and some dates. im siked to start. thanks again guys.

• 1 month later...

Njdevil26 are u racing atco this weekend Saturday? I should be there my first race back since broke ankle last season. I'll be out on my 450r. I'll look for the shee say what's up. My buddys been running his banshee the past two races down there cause his 450 was blown up. He fell apart real quick after two laps but hey maybe I'll see ya there.

Im in the same boat as njdevel26... there is a local track in tularosa which holds MX once per month.... my big question is what should I expect to race against... I have been there to see the races, but did not see one 2-stroke quad out there. With a banshee I would think my spot is in the 450 4-stroke beginner class...?