Banshee Starting Problems

my banshee will start but only after about 20 kicks and it has more smoke coming out of the left exhaust than right and the pressure is greater on the left and it wont idle with the choke all the way in or all the way out it has to be halfway and after it warms it will start after no less than 2 or 3 kicks. Should i just try cleaning the carbs first.

yes...you definately need to pull the jets completely out of the carbs and then be cleaned...

ok i cleaned the carbs and replaced the plugs and it still wont start. i dont know what it could be. it was starting and running fine then i drained the oil where the clutch is and adjusted my clutch then tried to start it and it still wont start but i did mess the clutch up because after i put everything back together it wont go into gear it just clicks so im wondering why it wont start is that because it cant find neutral or something it rolls no matter if i shift up or down so i cant really tell if its in neutral so would it fix it if i fixed the clutch and gears and then tried starting it is that my problem?

The choke tube can be seen if you just take your seat off of your banshee. Like stated above its a little black tube that connects the center of the two carbs. Its purpose is to turn BOTH carb chokes on at the same time with the pull of only 1 lever. Its done using the tube, and when the tube is removed or forgot about it will cause one carb to be on full choke and the other carb to be completely unchoked.

The choke tube can be seen if you just take your seat off of your banshee. Like stated above its a little black tube that connects the center of the two carbs. Its purpose is to turn BOTH carb chokes on at the same time with the pull of only 1 lever. Its done using the tube, and when the tube is removed or forgot about it will cause one carb to be on full choke and the other carb to be completely unchoked.

is it like a t tube with a big long tube coming from the tank or just one small straight piece of tube between the carbs?

it connects the 2 carbs together and that is all. It is a little larger in diameter than the hoses on the T-fitting. The T-fitting that your seeing is your crank-case vent tubing. One end goes from the rear of the motor to the T and one goes to the right side of the motor (just in front of your brake) and they T together and go up towards your handle bars to keep fluid from coming out and water from goin in...

it connects the 2 carbs together and that is all. It is a little larger in diameter than the hoses on the T-fitting. The T-fitting that your seeing is your crank-case vent tubing. One end goes from the rear of the motor to the T and one goes to the right side of the motor (just in front of your brake) and they T together and go up towards your handle bars to keep fluid from coming out and water from goin in...

ok i hooked up the choke tube and nothing now what? haha i cant figure this thing out...my first banshee and it looks like im gonnaa have to spend money on a professional but anymore thoughts on what it could be i would love to save some money and do it myself....

Did you by chance mix the carb bowls up? There is a left and right. There is a brass tube which is supposed to be in the bowl which goes on the left (choke knob equipped) carb. If they are backwards, when you pull the choke out, nothing happens because it uses aforementioned brass tube to pick up fuel from the bowl. If its not that, make sure you have spark, make absolutely sure the pilots are clean. It takes a small flathead screwdriver to remove them. Compressed air is also good to use on them once they're out. What is the compression? Usually a problem like this is from neglect. Old fuel and dirt...