Idles ....but wont rev ?

DMAYHALL

Guys im pulling my hair out !!! Its a 03, tors removed, 66.5, stock carbs, t5 ! I have reconstructed the wiring harness. Nothing but stator, cdi, v reg, coil, and key. Everyone says that it is still my tors electrical not letting it rev ? Out of the cdi i have a black/white wire, does that need to be grounded ?

Guys im pulling my hair out !!! Its a 03, tors removed, 66.5, stock carbs, t5 ! I have reconstructed the wiring harness. Nothing but stator, cdi, v reg, coil, and key. Everyone says that it is still my tors electrical not letting it rev ? Out of the cdi i have a black/white wire, does that need to be grounded ?

have u unplugged the parking brake sensor?

You unplugged the tors but did you unplug the box also??

on the newer bikes (such as an 03) there was also a parking break switch built into the system.....when it is activated (by you or by a electrical fault) it will clip the ignition not allowing the motor to rev.

So whats the cure ? Took the parking switc of with everything else. it is set up for drag only.

Older model cdi ?

Ok let me share my story. I've spent almost three weeks doing everything I could think of to solve the same issue.

This past monday I unpluged my brake sensor plug ( right behind radiator) and the damn thing runs perfect banghead

Good luck.

So whats the cure ? Took the parking switc of with everything else. it is set up for drag only.

Go to the back of the bike and find the plug for the CDI box. On the bike side of the plug, cut the green/yellow wire. This will eliminate the park brake rev limiter and insulate the wire to prevent further problems.

Go to the back of the bike and find the plug for the CDI box. On the bike side of the plug, cut the green/yellow wire. This will eliminate the park brake rev limiter and insulate the wire to prevent further problems.

Hey Thank you !!!! that was it ! reving great now !!!