Trinity 2 into 1 Intake

ddavid

I am in the middle of swapping my single 38 intake for a set of 28 pwk's, should be here monday. I am interested to see how it affects the power band! I usually ride with a friend that rides a banshee and has the stock duals. Every time we end up rideing, we end up raceing, it always happens. I liked the single carb set up, just wanted to try duals!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry but the dynoport 2 into 1 is straight garbage. If u havent tried another pipe, do it. I changed to T5s which are suppose to be a mid/top end pipe and it pulled so much harder off the bottom all the way through the powerband. Pulled off dynoport put on T5s. Same jetting, same day.. No comparison.

I also run a single carb setup with a 35mm air striker. Runs perfect but Im debating on switching to pwk 28s....

I'm sorry but I've tried a few other twin pipe setups (FMF Fatty, Pro Circuit, T5's, and soon Trinity Stage IV's on a quad with Stage III port work and twin Keihin 35mm carbs - kinda excited to see how that one runs) and not one of them would work very well for my style of riding. And even on the smaller hills the twins took ALOT of clutch abuse to go places I went without ever touching the clutch lever on my 2 into 1 piped Banshee. And my Dynoport 2-1 pulls much harder and a touch longer than the stock twins did on the top end.

Sure aftermarket performance twins pull like mad on the top end compared to stock or the 2-1 Dynoport, and some of them even pull great from what I would call mid on up, but not one of the setups I've had experiance with wasn't garbage from 4-5000rpm down to idle. And when you top hills at times just above idle in second gear like I do, that Dynoport 2 into 1 torque is a life AND quad saver!

I need to find a chassis dyno to run my bike on, something just doesn't make sense with how mine works compared to how some of you say yours did.

And in case you think I'm just stubborn - If I ever do come across a set of twins that can make the power down low that I need, I'd buy them in a second because I'd LOVE to have that topend scream - but I simply can't and refuse to give up the super low end torque of the 2 into 1 pipe & twin carb setup for the riding I do.

BTW: The Dynoport takes a leaner jetting than twins most of the time (Hell, Rich even recommends stock Jetting which is TOO lean from my experiance!), so if your twins ran that great without changing jetting, you probably had the Dynoport 2-1 jetted WAY to fat. Also I've found through my other buddy's experiance's the 2 into 1 intakes that the combo of 2-1 pipe AND intake seems to really strangle the potential on the pipe.

Edited by gonecheenin

here is a dyno chart of a 2-1 intake system vs a dual 28mm pwk. both quad had similar port work, the single had FMF fatties, not sure what the duals had.

red line is the single, blue line is the dual

dynocomparision.jpg

Is that your banshee you have now nick?

LOL you saw how my banshee with fmf gnarlies and a single 33mm pwk ran at big rock nick,that thing was a freakin beast.

My favorite mod to a banshee by far,some people just cant stand that people disagree with them.

Edited by Burt Reynolds

I have crank dyno runs that show the opposite dyno results of that. It was with putting the two different intake setups on the same motor, same day, same loaded crank dyno.

First Graph is single carb 35mm pwk, second is with dual mikuni tm 28mm carbs. This was on a ported 350 with pro circuits and a low-mid port job.

dynosinglecarb018.jpg

dynosinglecarb2019.jpg

This is the dual carbs on the same motor.

dynodualcarb016.jpg

dynodualcarb2017.jpg

I dont see how you prove your point against a single carb by posting dynocharts that shows a dual setup is actualy less powerful for a lot the rpm range.

If someone is building a low end machine i dont see how your charts wouldnt make someone like a single even more.

Ya your losing a few on top but my argument for a single has never been about peak hp.

I have never felt the need to strap my quad to a machine to see if i should enjoy riding it or not.

I bolt stuff on and ride,if i like it more i keep it.

Edited by Burt Reynolds

Ok syznops charts prove my point exactly. I have always considered the single carb setup as a low end mod. As with any low/mid mod you gain in the low and lose on the top. Im not conerned about having 4more hp with duals at 8k rpm when im lugging through the tight trails in kentucky.If i rode in the sand or open areas i would think differently. The single stays on top till 7k,so i dont even see why there is a debate on my side.

I dont see how you prove your point against a single carb by posting dynocharts that shows a dual setup is actualy less powerful for half the rpm range.

If someone is building a low end machine i dont see how your charts wouldnt make someone like a single even more.

Hp isn't everything my friend, compare the torque numbers.

The twin carb setup accelerated alot faster through the midrange when I rode it as well. With the single, you could feel the peakiness in the power curve. The duals came on much smoother as they pulled.

Just thought you might want a closer set of charts to compare over the ones that were already up.

Hp isn't everything my friend, compare the torque numbers.

The numbers still arent that big of a difference. At least not enough for me to either love or hate one or the other. We go on a lot of long rides,and the thumb throttle tension alone for my part is worth it.

I see your point though,the dual is more powerful on the dyno.

The singles just always feel snappier to me.

Now on our 4mil thats a different story,two 35's on that monster

Edited by Burt Reynolds

snop, i think your dyno charts have proved what most have said and the opposite of what you have said, they give better low end power.

up to 7K, the single has more torque.

The torque between the single and the twins is damn near the same. HP is the difference, and it is a mnimal hp number difference. When I switched setups and compared running them in the "real world" there was no noticeable difference in the bottom end between the two, but there was a noticeable difference in the upper rpm's.

What I have always said was the single make smore power down low, but it isn't noticebale anywhere but on a dyno. However, the top end is a noticeable difference. It isn't a worth while gain for what you get. So no, the charts dont prove the opposite of what I have said, they prove exactly what I said.

The single has always been peaky as well. The duals come on and work smooth all the way through the range.

what intake manifold was this test on?

i know the trinity and modquad 2-1 intake manifold really are not that great and they do not flow good.

there are other manifolds that have better flow and easier transition from the single into both cylinders.

the intake manifolds are just like pipes, they have different sizes, different flow rates and characteristics. if you tried other manfiolds, you will notice different power and throttle responses.

Cascade single intake manifold vs stock intakes for the duals.

I already went through all this in 2008 right after we did all the testing. There is a thread in the forum with all the charts, and a whole bunch of discussion. I was a big supporter of the single pipe and single carb intake until we did this test, then I was skeptical of the single setups. Once I converted to dual carbs, and then a short time after dual pipes, shortly after I was against the single setups.

another thing is, every engine is different, what might work on mine, wont work on yours.

also the cascade manifold is similar to a trinity's correct?

if so, that manifold doesn't flow very well. very quick transition from one to two.

fluids dont like hittings a sharp turn or a flat wall like the trinity intake has.

The intake I had was match ported to my reedcages and I reshaped the center divider partition inside the intake.

I'm sorry but I've tried a few other twin pipe setups (FMF Fatty, Pro Circuit, T5's, and soon Trinity Stage IV's on a quad with Stage III port work and twin Keihin 35mm carbs - kinda excited to see how that one runs) and not one of them would work very well for my style of riding. And even on the smaller hills the twins took ALOT of clutch abuse to go places I went without ever touching the clutch lever on my 2 into 1 piped Banshee. And my Dynoport 2-1 pulls much harder and a touch longer than the stock twins did on the top end.

Sure aftermarket performance twins pull like mad on the top end compared to stock or the 2-1 Dynoport, and some of them even pull great from what I would call mid on up, but not one of the setups I've had experiance with wasn't garbage from 4-5000rpm down to idle. And when you top hills at times just above idle in second gear like I do, that Dynoport 2 into 1 torque is a life AND quad saver!

I need to find a chassis dyno to run my bike on, something just doesn't make sense with how mine works compared to how some of you say yours did.

And in case you think I'm just stubborn - If I ever do come across a set of twins that can make the power down low that I need, I'd buy them in a second because I'd LOVE to have that topend scream - but I simply can't and refuse to give up the super low end torque of the 2 into 1 pipe & twin carb setup for the riding I do.

BTW: The Dynoport takes a leaner jetting than twins most of the time (Hell, Rich even recommends stock Jetting which is TOO lean from my experiance!), so if your twins ran that great without changing jetting, you probably had the Dynoport 2-1 jetted WAY to fat. Also I've found through my other buddy's experiance's the 2 into 1 intakes that the combo of 2-1 pipe AND intake seems to really strangle the potential on the pipe.

Well maybe it was the combination of both the 2into1 intake and the pipe. The guy I bought the quad from had it setup at Dynoport so I know the jetting was spot on. He was in and out of the shop many times to get it setup perfect. When i swapped pipes I couldnt believe the difference. The T5s hit so much harder in the whole rpm range. I dont have dyno charts but I had 3 others with me and we all rode back to back.

Honestly I wouldnt mind trying pro circuits after Snop talks so highly of them. My buddy has a set but his quad is all stock so its hard to compare.

Well I got rid of the single 38 and have been getting the jetting dialed in on the new 28's. Haven't noticed any low end loss, but I can deffinetly notice a difference in the mid to high. The gears seem a little longer and the front seems a little lighter. I am very impressed with the performance and tomorrow I will be riding and racing with friends. All I wan't to do is ride the shee, I went riding twice yesterday. The only thing that is going to take a little time is the tension in the thumb throttle, 15-20 minutes of good riding and I have thumb fatigue, but I am not concerned with that.

I know it feels faster, but this weekend I will find out for sure, so will my buddies, :jesterlaugh:

I think I could never dial it in because the single was not feeding the engine evenly. I can now know for sure both my pistons are getting exactly the same amount of air/fuel.

The single ran good and looked sweet all polished up. Maybe my set up just wasn't working all together? But all I changed was the intake and now even in 4th and 5th the wheels come up if I peg it.

As I stated before, I have no issue's at all with the single. I think if you run them then everything else needs to be set up for them.

I have a trinity 2 into 1 carb setup that was on the bike when i bought it. The motor in mine is a stock cylinder 4 mill with a 38mm trinity 2 into 1 carb setup with power pro inframe pipes. I'm not a fan of it but it was on the bike when i bought it but i will say that im very impressed on how hard it pulls through every gear. I can stand the bike up in all first 4 gears effortlessly and pretty much have to lay on the tank when i drag race it.

The only run i got against another nice banshee was a buddy of mine. He has a pike's peak motor that is more of less a port and polished 350 that runs very strong. Make a long story short i can walk him on the sand drags by a bike length in every gear,if i make a clean pass. He is very good on his since he has had it for years and hardly ever goofs up on shifting.

I'm not saying it is the best out there but if you dial it in right it will run very well. I'm going to soon change it to twin 34 mikuni carbs for a 4 mill cub motor and convert the carbs to alky.

The shop i bought the bike from said they dynoed it vs. a dual set of 28s on one of the shop owners bikes and said that they made almost the exact same power up top but the 2 into 1 made more low and mid range torque but that is there word and i was not there to see it.

Well, I don't have a 4mill set up and i have heard they have great all around pull. The only reason I swapped for duals was because one cylinder was running hotter than the other with the single, I bet some guys don't even know if they have that issue. I'm not about having the most modded quad, but I am about having my quad running top notch.