anyone in AZ please help me

dag88

Ok so I got this 04 banshee and it been nothing but problems I put a new head gasket on cleaned the carbs and got it to run but only by pop starting or if I put gas in the carb and kick start it it will run anyways I had it running today and went to shut it off because it was idleing high and I hit the kill switch and nothing so went to the key and it was still running! Lol so I had to choke it to kill it, anyone have ideas or anyone in az wanna help me out on sat and trouble shoot this? I'm tight on money since I jjst bought it ill buy beer or something I just wanna get it running well so I can go ride lol if anyone wants to help please call or text me 623 414 0935 I live in surprise

Ok so I got this 04 banshee and it been nothing but problems I put a new head gasket on cleaned the carbs and got it to run but only by pop starting or if I put gas in the carb and kick start it it will run anyways I had it running today and went to shut it off because it was idleing high and I hit the kill switch and nothing so went to the key and it was still running! Lol so I had to choke it to kill it, anyone have ideas or anyone in az wanna help me out on sat and trouble shoot this? I'm tight on money since I jjst bought it ill buy beer or something I just wanna get it running well so I can go ride lol if anyone wants to help please call or text me 623 414 0935 I live in surprise

first things first......look at your carbs....if theyr'e stock carbs there should be a little black tube that goes between the carbs that. That's your cross-over tube and your choke circuit in your carbs wont work correctly unless you got it in place.

And don't run your bike like that!!! The reason that your bike wouldn't shut off is because your motor was detonating. And it was detonating so bad that it created enough heat inside the cylinder to self ignite the fuel. That's why it wouldn't shut off when you turned the ignition off. It usually happens if your running your motor lean......and since you said it was reving itself up at idle then that would explain why. You have an air-leak somewhere in your motor.

My advice would be to build a leakdown tester (dont' worry itll only cost like $10 and its a lifetime tool you'll need for the banshee) and do a test on it....it'll show you where your air leak is when you spray soapy water on it....

Yep, this reminds me of the RD400 motor I converted to alky. This was before you could just go buy a set of alky carbs. I made a main jet flow tester. I put roughly double flow amount mains in it, huge pilots, and chucked the needles in my electric drill and sanded them down. I mixed up a batch of alky, poured it in and started it in my garage. Sniff, sniff, AWESOME! I'm blipping the throttle, warming it up and all of a sudden the thing starts screaming at about 6000 RPM. I hit the kill switch. Still screaming, CRAP! I gotta yank the plug wires off. I'm probably gonna get the shock of a lifetime, but I gotta save my motor. I yank the plug wires off and it's still screaming. WTF???? I'm panicking. How do I shut this thing off before it blows? In desperation, I wing the throttle, and obviously the rush of cold air cools down the plugs and it dies. I will never forget the panic and confusion of this thing screaming with no plug wires on it.

ok well did the test and its good i got it running but it wont idle and it seems like the right cylinder isnt firing it ran great for like 3mins lol then it started to bog so im hoping its just a plug and need to get the fuel air mix right we will see

ok well did the test and its good i got it running but it wont idle and it seems like the right cylinder isnt firing it ran great for like 3mins lol then it started to bog so im hoping its just a plug and need to get the fuel air mix right we will see

did you clean your carbs good? You may want to do a compression test and see where your at. Turn the air screws 1.5 turns out and see if that helps at all. How do the plugs look? I'm at North Glendale.