Serval ?

GYTWYPT

Alright it has been a long time since I have been on here or on my bike for that matter. This snow has got me bored out of my mind so I dug the Banshee out and tore it down. Thought I had a cold sieze probably been years now. After I opened it up something caused the right cylinder to stick for a min. However after I dug it out I did start it up and ride it up to the front garage from the back about 200 yards. Could definelty tell there was a lack of compression in one of the cylinders. While I was taking it apart I noticed the reeds (boyseen I think) where coming apart at the tips might be another cause, but eithere way it needs a rebuild or better yet a diffrent direction.

It currently has passion 12 port cylinders with a 64.5 bore and a hot rods 4mill long rod crank. I have been reading aobut these Servals and are definetly interested does anyone have any more info to contribute about these things.

Also what is a pair of 12 ports worth these days? I have three tubs of engine parts that I may be liquidating here pretty soon. I need some more room and a set of those Servals I am thinking. I will try to make my way through the snow to see what I have still so I can get some of it posted up. I know I have cylinders, trannys, possibly clutch basketes and alot of other stuff.

Thanks for any info and let me know if you are needing something.

Joe

I am pretty sure I have a lonestar I think +3 swingarm with the LSR bearing carrier. Remind me what the roundhouse is. It has been to long and I have been Diving and Jetsking to much since. I know I had a stock swingarm also, but I am thinking someone already came by and got that since it is not hanging on the wall up here. That is the last place I remember seeing it, but all my spare parts are out back so I will try to break through the snow tomorrow and see what I can find.

When I think of roundhouse I think of the old 250R type of carriers. Is that what you are talking about?

thanks for the intrest

I am pretty sure I have a lonestar I think +3 swingarm with the LSR bearing carrier. Remind me what the roundhouse is. It has been to long and I have been Diving and Jetsking to much since. I know I had a stock swingarm also, but I am thinking someone already came by and got that since it is not hanging on the wall up here. That is the last place I remember seeing it, but all my spare parts are out back so I will try to break through the snow tomorrow and see what I can find.

thanks for the intrest

Your welcome, A round house swingarm is the swinger that hold a holds the same carrier as the honda style carrier but fits the banshee chassis. It's easier to adjust the chain & etc.

The serval is an awesome cylinder, yer another an awesome addition to the banshee world made by Calvin at CP. Give Andy @ M&M ATV a call, as he has tons of info on the Serval and has done tons of R&D as well 877 301 1700. He is currently doing a stock stroke for me, and I am super excited!! The serval is basically a cub with lower port timing, resulting in better bottom end and a much better torque curve!! They are new cylinders, and there isnt a ton of info out on them yet!! I think that Andy is an excellent resource for information as he had the first set of serval and has spent alot of time and money on R&D.

I knew that just starting to secound guess myself since I have talked about or seen this stuff in so long. I edited my post before I saw this one, and pretty much answered the question I think. They only round house I would have Is a lonestar and I am almost positive it is a plus 3. With a billet LSR carrier. However I am not sure if I am going to need the extra inches if I decide to go with this Serval set up. I will let you know for sure tomorrow and should probably be able to get some pics.

thanks

Joe

Your welcome, A round house swingarm is the swinger that hold a holds the same carrier as the honda style carrier but fits the banshee chassis. It's easier to adjust the chain & etc.

thanks for the reply that supports pretty much everything that I have already read, and sound like what I would be interested in. I will definetly have to give him a call. Sounds like a real nice winter project for me. Ready to ride some in spring before the water sports start back up.

The serval is an awesome cylinder, yer another an awesome addition to the banshee world made by Calvin at CP. Give Andy @ M&M ATV a call, as he has tons of info on the Serval and has done tons of R&D as well 877 301 1700. He is currently doing a stock stroke for me, and I am super excited!! The serval is basically a cub with lower port timing, resulting in better bottom end and a much better torque curve!! They are new cylinders, and there isnt a ton of info out on them yet!! I think that Andy is an excellent resource for information as he had the first set of serval and has spent alot of time and money on R&D.

jeez GY......is that 4 cranks that i see in teh back ground?!?

Yeah there is 4 cranks but only two good ones. the other two have a lower rod bearing bad a piece.

As for the swingarm yes the grey is a stock. Kinda placed it by the LSR roundhouse + swinger for refrence. I think the LSR is a +3. I still havent had the time to go make a list and put this stuff in the proper forum. My bad. The MONO is a 409 La Sleeve big bore. No pistons but fresh bore I believe to be 68.5mm. I got this on a trade along time ago and never did anything with it. Not sure how good they are. I think someone told me they where better for low end.

Thanks for the intrest. I am still thining about what I want to do. I am leaning towrad liquidatiing all this stuff that I dont use and getting a Serval set up. but on the other had I could get a couple sets of cases and probably build two motors out of what laying in the floor.

OUT

Joe

post-4160-0-34484500-1297100378_thumb.jpg

looks like one of the corners in my garage!!

those 409's are weird i did one a LONG time ago and they had a bunch of issue's BUT i've always ben curious to do another one..

throw all that stuff on ebay and i bet you will have enough to build a motor or at least get a realy good start.

looks like one of the corners in my garage!!

those 409's are weird i did one a LONG time ago and they had a bunch of issue's BUT i've always ben curious to do another one..

throw all that stuff on ebay and i bet you will have enough to build a motor or at least get a realy good start.

Ive got the motors I am really just looking to buy a Serval kit, just wanting to get rid of some of this stuff that has been setting around for years first.

Thanks for the info