SW Michigan Ice fest 2/5/11

87sheerips

ICE FEST 2011 in CANADA's MEXICO (The best state ever)

Ok fellas, I have been wanting to put together a motorsports party on the ice for a couple years now. The time has finally come, and the ice is finally safe to make this happen.

The plan is to plow a drag strip and a circle track so no matter what kind of studs you are running, there is fun to be had!

(Still on the hunt for a plow guy so if u have an ATV with a plow, bring it along!)

Bring whatever you want. Sled, ATV, dirt bike, go kart, pit bike, small vehicle (lol), whatever. The only rules are to bring a good attitude and plenty of beer for when the riding is done and the bonfire begins! :cheers: We have at least 7-8" of solid ice.

Weather permitting, I would like to barbecue as well... So bring some food if you want to cook it up.

This will be BYOB, BYOF so dont ask us for a beer or food... We are broke from spending money on gas/repairs for the sleds all winter :flush:

I really hope to have some fast bikes turnout, we have a PERFECT drag strip location as you can see below. We live on a steep hill so it might be best for some to unload at the public boat launch. See picture below for a map of the area. (PM me for exact directions)

Myself and Bansheebobby live here and will be putting this on.

I will be running my 350 dune bike with picks for drag racing, Bansheebobby will be running his 4mil trail/duner with screws for the circle track and messin' around. We will also have our sleds out there. My 2001 Pro x 600 and Bobs 2003 Cat F7. Both are studded.

Location: Long lake, Union MI (3 hours west of Detroit, 45 minutes south of Kalamazoo, 45 min NE of south bend IN, 2 hours east of Chicago, 15 minutes east of Edwardsburg/Niles)

Date and time: 2/5/11 @ 12:00 noon. This will last until I most likely pass out next to the bonfire.

Due to safety reasons, please PM me for exact directions. Your GPS will not get you here correctly so I will need to give you personal directions depending on where you are coming from. Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise get ready to have a blast!

My number is 248-431-6342, feel free to call me anytime before 9:00pm

ALSO, if you want any custom parts I will hook it up. Shoot me a PM if you want to make it down as well as pick up any custom goodies!

-JD

Yellow star is our house, red dot is the boat launch. The lake "Long lake" is 2 miles long.

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

Sounds fun! If i get the plow mounted on the rzr and can make it down, id be happy to plow a spot. Ive never tried the ice, dont have a bike together, so im shit out of luck again this year.

You can ride my dune bike Jeff and just hang out for a good time... lets see what happens I hope some bikes can come out and play....

I'm down and so is paddleboy. Not into draggin but we have the kold kutters in for circle track. Got a 4x4 with plow but nothing to tow it with. Jeep is already a turd with the two banshees. I'll give you a call Sunday and let you know what's up

Awesome, I was hopin' yud see this post lol... bring whoever man we need a good turnout!