Would you buy this Banshee?

LionHeart

Well my YZ250 trade idea didn"t work out so it looks like I'm going to be buying a Banshee soon. What do you guys think of this modded on on CL? lMy link Good mods, price? Owner says crank is welded but not stroked and usually runs race gas. Thanks in advance.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/rvs/2144934252.html hmm

Well my YZ250 trade idea didn"t work out so it looks like I'm going to be buying a Banshee soon. What do you guys think of this modded on on CL? lMy link Good mods, price? Owner says crank is welded but not stroked and usually runs race gas. Thanks in advance.

Dont know how much Banshee's are selling for there but I know around here that is a pretty steep price even with what he says has been done to it.

I would work him down on the price thats kinda steep for what it is. You can get a nice drag bike for that much in this economy. Just my .02

.02 taken thanks. I was thinking it was a little steep too and it doesn't add up to the 10grand he says is in it.

Dont know how much Banshee's are selling for there but I know around here that is a pretty steep price even with what he says has been done to it.

Wide range around here. You can find one that looks like crap for $1300 then you see one of these that someone obviously cared about for about $4000. Kinda wanted to "buy and ride" but I may just get a project. So this one seems overpriced for what it supposedly has. Thanks.

Look around local CL and distant cities to get a feel for prices. If you start negotiations for it start low ,let him make a counter offer. Be patient ,6-8 months ago a nice 87 with few mods was 2700 right now it's listed for 1600 here in Detroit. Good luck !!

Good info right there.

Around here, a bike like that would sell for between $3000, and $3500. Depending on how desperate the seller is, you might be able to get a good deal on that one.

The Price and bike seem pretty reasonable for the location it's at. Be worth looking at. Maybe drop him couple hundred bucks. One *BIG* Plus. It don't seem to be put together with E-bay parts. Reputable brand name parts and looks cleaner than the average bike i seen back east. That's always the down fall when you buy a bike if it has ebay all over it. People are better off taking off all the ebay parts and selling it stock. Value of bike worth more. That gives you an idea if the guy was cheap buying parts then the bike is going to run and stay together like that as well....

That's one Key we look at when purchasing banshee's or selling them as well when a customer bike comes in. Many Banshee builders and enthusiast will agree. But that basically goes for any type of vehicle really.

Looks like a nice bike, i agree 4000 does seem a little high for a bike right now. But you may be able to get him to budge.

Seems pretty steep to me as well. I just picked up this 2001 today with Chrome rockets and a few other small mod for $800. dollars.

banshee4.jpg

Edited by troyzstang

Seems pretty steep to me as well. I just picked up this 2001 today with Chrome rockets and a few other small mod for $800. dollars.

banshee4.jpg

Well you better be watching for the cops because you stole that one :notworthy: . I ended up getting it for $3300 with an extra set of wheels and tires and it is pretty stout. I'm happy. Now the obsession really begins. Thanks again all for the input.

banshee4.jpg

Damn now thats a hell of a deal right there. Id buy shees like that for that price all day long, id say you hit a homerun! :headbang::headbang:

Cody