qhick question

shee4speed

so I been working on getting my jetting dialed in. I have HJR port,stock stroke,35 PWK's. I had this terrible bog off idle. So I turned the air screw in and it's a ton better. Now the screw is about .5 tuns out,from what I gather I need a smaller pilot jet. Is this right? Currently it has 152 mains, 48 pilot, CEL middle clip. The motor rips all the way to the top with just a tad of bog off idle. Suggestions please!

Edited by shee4speed

I´m not an expert here and I don´t know Kevins work but I would go a smaller pilot, like 42 or so.

I´m using 35.5PWK´s with my ported 64,5x54 stock cyl´s and I have 40 pilots and they are good. I would like to test 38´s but I don´t have them and I can´t get them over here.

-Pasi S.

I´m at 300ft´s ASL.

I´m sorry, I re-read your post and you were right, your pilots were too small if you have to turn the airscrew all in and it runs better that way.

HEHEE!! Kevins port work offers alot more bottom end power than mine does!

However, I have now a set of CEL needles and I´m going to use them after I´ll get my motor back together. We´ll see if I have to go bigger pilots then. My current needles are guite rich down low.

-Pasi S.

I´m at 300ft´s ASL.

I´m sorry, I re-read your post and you were right, your pilots were too small if you have to turn the airscrew all in and it runs better that way.

HEHEE!! Kevins port work offers alot more bottom end power than mine does!

However, I have now a set of CEL needles and I´m going to use them after I´ll get my motor back together. We´ll see if I have to go bigger pilots then. My current needles are guite rich down low.

-Pasi S.

What's the deal with the 35.5 size? Mine are 35. I'm at 1800 ft asl. Kevin does have some great work. Now I can go test it now that I'm jetted properly.