how much paddle for my new setup?

sangheraent

well I am redoing my bike and wanted to get an idea of how much paddle I am going to need for my bike. I have a 4mill stroker my bike is around 65hp roughly I have a +8 swingarm. I ride Oregon 99% of the time. I'm not a drag racer even though I run a big swinger. I currently run 21x12x8 8 paddle haulers with the stock swinger. Had a really rough time getting up tree shots with that combo bike would wheely like mad. but with an +8 rear end I think my bike is going to be under paddled. I was thinking 21 inch 10 paddles extremes. I don't really want to go to a 22inch rear I don't like the look of the massive rear tire.

I rode with a guy that had a stock stoke banshee with a +8 he was running a 20inch 10 paddle hauler and it seemed perfect for him. What do you guys think? will my current 8 paddle set up do the job? does anyone run this set up now?

that's roughly where I was thinking. the longer swingarms around here are the only way to go if you want to get up the big tree shots. I see plenty of people with +4, +6 on bolt on motors.

I run a stock swingarm now with 6psi in the rear tires, jacked up rear shock, and lowered front shocks to keep it from wheeling and I could still put the bike on its ass on an easy tree shot.

• 1 month later...

I'm running a 391 motor according to the displacement calculator on E2S. I rode with a guy that had 10 paddle haulers 21inch on a +8 with a bolt on motor and he was wheeling up every hill. (this was in a super hot weekend in late june). I think Im gonna go with 21x12x8 10 paddle extremes. Thats roughly what Im thinking.

fuck its such a guess buying the right paddles if I buy the wrong ones i lose out. too much paddle isnt good to little paddle isnt good. I thought this would be the easiest part of my rebuild.

I have a 4 miill that is 73 horse and ride the Oregon dunes and our favorite thing is doing tree shots and making our own shots. I have a 5 over arm with 21 inch 10 paddle extreme's. I am getting ready to put a cub on it and plan on running the same paddles. I think most peoples biggest problem is going with to much paddle. I see people out there all the time with 12 paddle's on and they take lots of power to turn and if you have the power to turn them and they hook up in a tree shot you are going to be on your ass. I think you are going to be unhappy with that 8 over arm that is going to be a bitch in the trails and just make it harder to turn around if you get down in a tight tree shot. just my two sense. :cheers: