t-rex head

Jtw

i bought a used banshee from a guy who was in need of money awhile back, i had always ridden 4 strokes and have never been into drag racing unless for shits and giggles. the bike came with a t-rex top end and needed crank seals bad. oil was coming out the exhaust and muffler packing was soaked in oil. fixed that problem and then i had to spend a hundred dollars in jets trying to get the jetting right. once i "thought" i had the bike running good i raced one of my friends, who has a 400cc quad with a big bore kit making it a 440cc, and he stays right next to me when drag racing. sometimes he even wins. so i started doing some research because i thought, "if this t-rex top end is all that" and so expensive, how come i cant smoke a 440cc suzuki right? i read on a site that sells the t-rex top end and it says you need to run a 4mill crank with 115 long rods, so i asked the previous owner if it had a 4mil, he said no, stock crank with long rods, so is my bike slow cause of this? im running the recommended 35mm carbs and even very close to factory recommended jetting. now im trying to figure out if i just wanna sell the top end and buy a used stock one, or spend the loot putting in a 4 mil in and see how it runs, like i said i dont drag for competition, i mostly trail ride and dune. ive already spent alot of money in the suspension making it trail worthy, now i gotta figure out what motor i should run, funds are tight cause of x-mas and just paid my tuition off, so what should i do, if i sell the top end how much could i get? with the stock crank and long rods could i bore out some stock cylinders and get good power, i like alot of torque, plus i wanna smoke them 4 pokes when i drag for fun, any advice would be great.

ok i stopped reading after the first sentence. crank seals have nothing to do with oil getting on the pipe, or packing. (oil ratio and burn ratio does) non castor oils like yamalube don't ignite so residue will always form...

if you care to break down that long run on sentence i will try to further help you. thanks

The Trex cylinders can run hard if they are done right. Sounds like the first thing you need to do is figure out what stroke your cylinders were set up for. If it were me I would pull them off and send them to Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing and have him go over them and have him tell you what crank they were set up / ported for & if they are going to run good or not. Probably the easiest way if you don't know how to measure them or set them up on a degree wheel yourself.

If it turns out they are set up for a 4mil and kevin says they will run good, I would buy a 4mil crank from him and run em! If it turns out they just aren't going to run right, I'd get a set of stock cylinders and have kevin port them...

Give him a call, his number is in my signature. Tell him Jared sent ya...

- Jared

The Trex cylinders can run hard if they are done right. Sounds like the first thing you need to do is figure out what stroke your cylinders were set up for. If it were me I would pull them off and send them to Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing and have him go over them and have him tell you what crank they were set up / ported for & if they are going to run good or not. Probably the easiest way if you don't know how to measure them or set them up on a degree wheel yourself.

If it turns out they are set up for a 4mil and kevin says they will run good, I would buy a 4mil crank from him and run em! If it turns out they just aren't going to run right, I'd get a set of stock cylinders and have kevin port them...

Give him a call, his number is in my signature. Tell him Jared sent ya...

- Jared

dang dude do you work for herr?? just about EVERY post you are teling peeps to give him a call and send off their stuff to this guy not that i'm knocking it.

t-rex's SUCK thats all there is to it the last few ones i'd seen on ebay didnt even bring 500 bucks complete..

i think either your mechainc or builder needs to go over the entire motor and see what the hells going on. a z400 is a pushover with my 350cc trail motors

dang dude do you work for herr?? just about EVERY post you are teling peeps to give him a call and send off their stuff to this guy not that i'm knocking it.

:ph34r: I'm not at liberty to disclose the nature of any possible agreements that may or may not exist. :ph34r:

Edit: LOL

Edited by BigRed350x

Seems like alot of work and money to send them out. Can I just get rid of the t-Rex top end and run a stock top end with the long rod setup? Would I have to change my carbs if this is possible?(35mm) What are some alternatives? Any one looking for of these top ends???