flat track suspension

hitman44

alright i need a lot help. I'm looking to take up flat track this year at my local micro sprint dirt track. Ive always been a 4 stroke guy but at the same time have always had a LOVE for the banshee. I will be picking my first one up in a couple months and would like to start setting it up for flat track right away. Ive looked around online and have seen several different ways that people have lowered and made their banshees wider. My question is whats the best way to do it? Do you really need wider after market arms if your running a lowering kit? can you run both? or Should you run only one or the other? Will stock shocks work or should i up grade to after market? Is anyone cutting stock shocks down? Is the stock swing arm ok or should i buy an extended one? I have a lot more to ask but i think this a good start, but most important question........how is everyone else doing against the 450's and with what mods? thanks guys

• 1 month later...

alright i need a lot help. I'm looking to take up flat track this year at my local micro sprint dirt track. Ive always been a 4 stroke guy but at the same time have always had a LOVE for the banshee. I will be picking my first one up in a couple months and would like to start setting it up for flat track right away. Ive looked around online and have seen several different ways that people have lowered and made their banshees wider. My question is whats the best way to do it? Do you really need wider after market arms if your running a lowering kit? can you run both? or Should you run only one or the other? Will stock shocks work or should i up grade to after market? Is anyone cutting stock shocks down? Is the stock swing arm ok or should i buy an extended one? I have a lot more to ask but i think this a good start, but most important question........how is everyone else doing against the 450's and with what mods? thanks guys

Im an ice racer but what I do is run wider after-market a-arms with a set of Elka short shocks. This eliminates having to use a lowering kit. I suppose you could run one or the other but hell, whats it going to hurt to have both wider a-arms and short shocks. Also depending on what you have done to your motor, those 450's are not a worry at all.

Im an ice racer but what I do is run wider after-market a-arms with a set of Elka short shocks. This eliminates having to use a lowering kit. I suppose you could run one or the other but hell, whats it going to hurt to have both wider a-arms and short shocks. Also depending on what you have done to your motor, those 450's are not a worry at all.