THINK ITS time to get money back

stroking

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they still have to fit in the cases no matter what. the spec i was saying is the center to senter and outside's to fit and clear the cases. this spec shouldnt change no matter what..

what do you really think about the "budget " cranks..

the JC is the WSM crank right? what the heck is the builders supply?

Different web manufacturers have slightly different center web dimensions. The crankshaft does need to fit in the cases, preferably as centered as possible. The crank will always be driven to the mag side as well by the forces on the right side of the crankshaft.

Here is my analogy of budget cranks. The crankshaft is the heart of your engine. It also has intense pressure loads on all the components. This being said, if you needed a pacemaker for your heart, would you buy a Chinese one, Taiwan made, Japanese, USA made or Swiss made. You get what you paid for.

Yes in today’s technology and business world things are getting cheaper by the day. Many companies do this by eliminating all the middlemen and then finally by going with cheaper manufacturing companies and materials.

Bottom line. If you are a rider that shifts at the correct RPM, and recreational ride at lower RPM's the budget crank will work for you. If you are an abusive rider you will not fare well. We hear stories of multiple cranks failures and instantly see the blame being posted back to the crank builder. If you have multiple failures that are the same something is being missed. Crank builder?? Mechanic?? rider input ???? Over-Rev and abuse is the number one cause of crank failure.

JC Whitney and Manufacturers supply appear that they may be the same supplier. WSM is different as they use o-rings and not locator pins.

Just do a search on banshee crankshafts and you will see how many different people are selling them. How many they sell?? I would always suggest buying from a company that builds the crankshafts in-house. At least you have a better chance of getting a better one. We are all still human, and defective parts happen.

crustydeamon. Yes that is a bad picture. I'll see if I can get a better one. Grab a crankshaft yourself and check it out.

stroking: if you had e-mailed the picture direct to me I would have explained it and send you all the pictures and info direct to you.

Simple communication should have been used here.

I have contacts in Indy car racing, Nascar, SCCA, NHRA, and have access to all the high-tech technology being used today. I take great pride in my quality control and upholding my company name. I have hundreds of pages of crankshaft design and balancing articles, as well as access to design programs. Most of it is engineering data and concepts. I have spent the last 40 years in designing and building 2 stroke motors, porting design, expansion chamber design, crankshaft rebuilding, etc. As a few of you may know I am slowly going into the firearms industry as well. My time is valuable and I do not spend much time on forums unless necessary. My time is better spent, testing, researching and checking all the facts.

I would be glad to post all the articles and data but there are hundreds of pages to go thru. You can also do searches on Rocking couple, crankshaft design, crankshaft balance, twin cylinder crankshaft balance, twin cylinder crankshaft design, etc.

Also for reference the stock factory Yamaha crankshaft has 3 mm clearence on thicker outside web and 5mm clearence on the inner web. The webs are slightly misaligned as well. If you look at all the crankshafts in the previous post you will see that the rod in not centered between the webs.

stc1.jpg

I like the retarded monkey under your name! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

this thread was NOT meant to downgrade or insult TDR and there product

its was only to help me understand why the crank shafts were setup the way they were,and insure that its was indeed safe to run.... maybe a apology is in order.

maybe it should have been titled...(Should i get my money back)...

well i can say this i appreciate your time tony! and any more info is just going to help this site!..

i'd like to see a nice pinned topic on crankshafts and failures maybe just move some of your posts and/ or do a crankshaft and failure picture and pinned thread?

I would be glad to do a complete post so it could be pinned. It will be a few day as I am busy, but i will start a new post with all the information combined.

Thanks Guys.

Edited by TDR_50