head light switch

chetgoff

ok guys have been searching but not finding the answer i'm looking for. I don't have a key and i'm wanting to get rid of the stock kill switch and lights. i'm gonna run pro design tether for kill but i want to put the lights on a toggle so if i ever want to run them I can. i'm only concerned with them being on night low beam and high beam. how would I wire this up.

ok guys have been searching but not finding the answer i'm looking for. I don't have a key and i'm wanting to get rid of the stock kill switch and lights. i'm gonna run pro design tether for kill but i want to put the lights on a toggle so if i ever want to run them I can. i'm only concerned with them being on night low beam and high beam. how would I wire this up.

Your clymer manual has a wiring diagram in the back for each of the different years. Get yourself an ohm meter and check out what the old light switch did with which wires and just duplicate the action. You will probably need a double pole double throw switch to accomplish what you want to do.