Summer Race/ride Dates for the MI crew.

shanYE west

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smile.gif Well as usual, we set are dune dates real early. (They do change if enough people end up with issues.) We only hit the WMSD track for the "Test and Tune" sessions on Friday nights on the weekends that they are open and we're up there. I know in the past we've had a blast meeting up with the whole MI crew, so I thought I'd post the weekends that we plan to be up there, so if anyone was trying to plan a "Non-Holiday" weekend...you could maybe plan to join our crew.

May - 3rd weekend - 20-21-22 (We'll be staying at the Sierra Sands Hotel)

June - 2nd weekend - 10-11-12 (Camping at the Silverlake Resort and Campground)

July - 3rd weekend - 15-16-17 (Camping at Silverlake Resort and Campground)

August - 3rd weekend - 19-20-21 (Camping at Silverlake Resort and Campground)

September - 4th weekend - 23-24-25 (Staying at the Sierra Sands Hotel)

I'm also looking for any MI riders who want to team up for a trip to "Bull Gap" I've never been there and would like to find a friend to give me the tour. (I'm thinking late April or any weekend in between our planned SL trips.)

For anyone interested in heading southwest....I'd also like to find a ride buddy for a trip to St.Joe.

If you've never been to SilverLake before and want someone to help make your trip go smooth, Your more than welcome to join our group on any date that works for you and we'll walk you through the whole routine. PM me with your thoughts....

Anyone have any thoughts about our dates feel free to chime in. (Damian, I'm hoping you'll find time to break free for a few of these trips with your crew...) biggrin.gifheadbang.gif

John The trip in July is perfect for a HQ ride. Thats the same weekend we did last year and got a huge turn out! Maybe we could schedule a track rental 12-4 or something like that on friday.

Them are all good Dates. But..Should move the June trip back a week for my B-day though.. lol

I live about 20min from Bull Gap. I dont ride there much though. The hill just isn't what it used to be and for some of us its a suicide run. lol

Damian. Let me know what weekends you pick and I'll make some arrange ments too. If we can get everyone on the same page.. we'll have some good turnouts on off holiday weekends.

John The trip in July is perfect for a HQ ride. Thats the same weekend we did last year and got a huge turn out! Maybe we could schedule a track rental 12-4 or something like that on friday.

Them are all good Dates. But..Should move the June trip back a week for my B-day though.. lol

I live about 20min from Bull Gap. I dont ride there much though. The hill just isn't what it used to be and for some of us its a suicide run. lol

Damian. Let me know what weekends you pick and I'll make some arrange ments too. If we can get everyone on the same page.. we'll have some good turnouts on off holiday weekends.

If you think the July date works for the HQ trip, then great. Let's make it a plan. I'd love to do a track rental that Friday!

I want to see all of Bull Gap, not just the hill. (I've seen the videos on youtube and the trails look like they might be fun.) I just wasn't sure if I should be on my bike or the wife's bike for that place. :unsure: Do I go with the +4 frame, +10 arm HP bike with paddles....or the 370 long rod, +6 arm bike with paddles....or run knobbies on the 370 bike?

Hey john if you figure out a date that works for you guys for the bull gap run let me know....my buddy and i ride in that area alot and we'd be up for rippin around. it'd be awsome to ride with some outta state HQ memebers

I posted the dune dates for SL.....Let me know if there is a weekend in between those dates that works for you for a Bull Gap trip. Your the Host. Try to figure a date and I'll see what I can do to make it to the party. :headbang:

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

Tyler just posted the Dates for the Fall Little Sahara HQ ride. Its Oct 6th-9th. I say we get a big group together and head down. I went last year and it was a blast! If we start planning now we can can figure a way to get everyones bikes down. My cousins uncle owns a trucking company and we can probably get a good deal on having them shipped down. So that may be a option.

If you have access to a trucking company....we sould be talking GLAMIS! :clap:

Ship the bikes by truck, then we get on a plane and fly out.

Otherwise, we pile all the bikes in a truck and head it for Little Saharha, then pile 12 guys in my van and chase down the truck. :D

I call shotgun in John's soccer team van!

I am working on dates w/the wife. Hopefully figure out dates soon.

OK, your navigator.......but I'm in charge of the radio. :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you think the July date works for the HQ trip, then great. Let's make it a plan. I'd love to do a track rental that Friday!

I want to see all of Bull Gap, not just the hill. (I've seen the videos on youtube and the trails look like they might be fun.) I just wasn't sure if I should be on my bike or the wife's bike for that place. :unsure: Do I go with the +4 frame, +10 arm HP bike with paddles....or the 370 long rod, +6 arm bike with paddles....or run knobbies on the 370 bike?

There are great trails in the Bull Gap area, I wouldn't bring your dune shee. I usually park and ride from the South Branch area north to Bull Gap. You can get trail maps from the Mi DNR website, or any of the stores in the area. Depending on the trails you take, it can be up to 70 miles. Depending on what time of year you may encounter wet areas or very dusty conditions, I would not ride with an open airbox. The trails range from wide and fast to very technical riding. The Bull Gap hill is nothing special, I prefer to stay trail riding. You will not need your paddles in the trails, but if all you want to do is race up the hill I'd bring them. I plan on riding the area as soon as the weather breaks. I'll post the next time I plan to ride. There is plenty of camping in the area, and motels in Rose City and Mio, quads are welcome in the cities.

I managed to change my shift from wen-sat to mon-fri at work and I have 2 weeks of vacation time to use up so I plan on making it to more track days and dune trips.... just try and get dates posted asap so I can request the time off....

Save some of that time for Little Sahara!!

Set in stone then. Anyone that wants to come dune race etc. the second weekend, lets get it on. Hopefully the crew can make it......JT, Junior, JD, Havoc Crew, Chris, Vito's Bill, Daj, Amotto, George, Bobby, and anyone else I am forgetting.......the whole crew....you know who you are. Jeremy and Lindz or Jeff, if you could let Scott, and some of the other PS guys know, that would be great! John, make sure your challenger buddy is ready......I know we will be :headbang: