Banshee 2009

vs7

Hi,

I have these parts installed on my new 2009 Banshee

1. Stage IV Exhaust System

2. Adjustable Timing Plate (adjusted on 4°)

3. Stage IV Standard Head BANSHEE BILLET STAGE IV HEAD

4. STAGE IV DOME 66MM-20CC-12

5. K&N AIR FILTER BANSHEE 26mm

6. Yamaha Banshee Reed Spacers

7. NGK Iridium Sparkplug BR8EIX

8. V-Force 3 Reed Valve

Everything else is stock

Now here are my questions

1. What is the level of compression and how much should the level of octane be?

2. How much horsepower should these parts add?

3. What should the ratio of gas and oil be (using yamalube)?

4. What should the number on the jets be?

5. What else can I do to gain more horsepower?

I rely appreciate your inputs and advises

cannot tell you what your compresion or jetting should be without your elevation. your gas / oil should be about 32/1 per gallon. you have about all the bolt ons and should be around 50-60 horsepower more or less. for more power i would open up your airbox and upgrade your carbs. i would say 28mms or 30mms D slides. after that, i about the only other thing you would want now would be some porting. and then shit gets pricey and complex. and so many other options become available after that. i think that if you decide to to the airbox and carb upgrade, you should be happy for awhile. but need your elv. to tell your jettint. bad jetting will blow up your pretty new engine.

cannot tell you what your compresion or jetting should be without your elevation. your gas / oil should be about 32/1 per gallon. you have about all the bolt ons and should be around 50-60 horsepower more or less. for more power i would open up your airbox and upgrade your carbs. i would say 28mms or 30mms D slides. after that, i about the only other thing you would want now would be some porting. and then shit gets pricey and complex. and so many other options become available after that. i think that if you decide to to the airbox and carb upgrade, you should be happy for awhile. but need your elv. to tell your jettint. bad jetting will blow up your pretty new engine.

I rely appreciate your reply and your time spent replying

My elv is sea level and sometimes it reaches 700 miters @ places I visit

first off...... youre not making anywhere NEAR the aforementioned HP numbers. maybe somwhere in the 40 hp range... MAYBE getting close to 50..... MAYBE. you need to run a 32:1 gas to oil ratio. With stock stroke and 20cc domes, id say youre getting close to the 155psi range. with stock carbs id start at at least a 310 main, and work your way down. if its cold there then maybe think about starting with a 320 main jet. remember that a motor running rich, isnt going to sieze up or melt down. start big, and work your way down. your pilot jet shoud be a 27.5. you need to get a compression tester and test your compression yourself.... not just ask people what it should be, and go from there. and you need to be running AT LEAST premium pump gas...

to make more power.... porting..... you can use your stock carbs for up to about 65 HP. which you are nowhere near. so port first, then get bigger carbs