is this right ?

Jaystre

I check my compression after the rebuild ,new pistons, new crank and my gauge reads 190 !! im running cool head with 21 cc dome at sea level and 4 mill crank. if anybody who has a similar setup could let me know what kind of readings they have ... trying to rule out a faulty gauge .

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I check my compression after the rebuild ,new pistons, new crank and my gauge reads 190 !! im running cool head with 21 cc dome at sea level and 4 mill crank. if anybody who has a similar setup could let me know what kind of readings they have ... trying to rule out a faulty gauge .

faulty guage...

More info on your top end setup, are you running the cometic top end for the long rod crank or thick base gasket? 185psi on mine last year fresh build cometic top end gasket kit 4mm long rod wisecos 21cc domes 285ft above sea level. .046 squish. Its possible i ran 100ll pretty much all year in it at first i ran cam 2 110

You can do it both ways his kit probably came with a 2mm spacer with the double head gasket riveted too it.with that compression you need at least 108 octane or better.If you already have the cool head try selling your domes and picking up 22cc stroker domes and ditch the plate.The number for fast racing is in my sig he can send you them no problem.I have seen people mess there cylinder decks up from running both spacer plate and coolhead together.The spacer is made for an OEM head so if you have your stock head laying around use that with your spacer and it should kick around 135-140 and be safe for pump gas 91-93 octane

so 22 cc stroker domes would be good enough to run pump gas ...

omho, no....with an unported 66mm bore and -2mm deck, you would need 24-25 to push pump. 23, would be a far streatch for 93 and stock timing..... i would bolt the stock head on and see what ou get, then cc it and get domes based on those readings.....

no timing advance will cause it to predet even worse. you can retard the timing.

predet is a retarded word already...... :shootself:

oh, and stock heads range 23-25cc, usually, and yes, you can get 24, 25 etc domes for your coolhead.....they can custom cut just about anything for it. i just figured you would have your old stock head laying around....