1/4 mile pavment drag engine. best HP for big engine

lt1bird

I am about to build a big banshee engine. Ive got a bunch of 535 engines but need a whole lot more.

What is the best engine for drag racing? Im looking to stick to 2 cyl... whats the largest going 2 cyl right now and about how much hp are they making? Whats the hot ticket....It will be getting nitrous as well...

Thanks for any info or opinions you have to offer.

Edited by lt1bird

I am about to build a big banshee engine. Ive got a bunch of 535 engines but need a whole lot more.

What is the best engine for drag racing? Im looking to stick to 2 cyl... whats the largest going 2 cyl right now and about how much hp are they making? Whats the hot ticket....It will be getting nitrous as well...

Thanks for any info or opinions you have to offer.

Some of the fastest 1/4 asphalt quads out there are 535cc and smaller. The 1st consideration you should worry about is getting the motor to stay alive that long. I recommend staying with one of your 535 engines to learn the set-up.

BK

I was thinking of doing a turbo with the 535 but I really dont like the idea of the added weight, complexity etc.

So the big engines do not last long?

You will have pros & cons with any motor size. A few quick concerns about these larger motors is the piston weight & depending on the stoke, the piston speed.

The thing with additives, such as turbo's, nitrous is there not always going to be consistant. Are you looking to set records, or be consistant? bracket racing, or heads up? Look on cpindustries.com there is a list of all the cylinder setups your heart desires. Sky's the limit, or I should say $$$$$. lol

Im really looking to make a very fun, fast bike. Its not a quad, its a street bike. I have a few of them. I want a high 8 second street bike via 2 cyl 2 stroke. Bike should weigh in at about 275lb. Im thinking I will need 150 plus hp to do it.

Here's a vid I found a while ago. I thought I found info somewhere else that the motor is a 535. I think they mention it as a 500 in the coments section.