Stroker HP

Took the motor out of my banshee, ripped it apart and fond out i have a hot rods rotating assembly (crank and rods) i grabbed the part numbers off the parts and did a little bit of digging and found out it is a stroker. It was a happy day :D

Crank HR204 (4 mill stroker)

Rods CK 121 B (standard length rod)

Pistons Wiesco 8306A (stroker piston) might be 8603A but cant remember?

I have done compression tests and both cylinders are sitting at 155 psi, when pulled head off the motor i noticed the piston it slightly contacting the head on a 1/4 of the edge of the piston. My head gasket measured in a 12 thousands.

My question is how much HP does a setup like this run?

I am also running FMF fatty gold series and power core 2, jets, boysen reeds, cut air box.

There is almost 2 feet of snow out side so i want to get my engine done so i can go ripping again.

Big things are do you have any port work done to you cylinders? Do you have stock head or cool head? If cool head what size domes? What carbs and air intake? Air box , no lid , pods...... All those thing play a huge part in hp

I wanna say on average a 4mil makes 70-75HP depending on porting, carbs, pipes...etc. If your running no porting, stock carbs and fmf's you will prob be on the lower end of the HP chart IMO

More like 50. Porting will get you mid 60s. Biggercarbs would get you in 70s after porting.

• 2 weeks later...

50? Damn banghead

All the 4mill's I've even ridden are an easy 70HP. Guess alot depends on pipes, carbs, porting, ect...

My stock stroke ported 350 makes around 65HP with stock carbs :bolt:

My Redline Racing dune ported 350 makes 75.1 HP. All stock bottom end except advanced timing and shift star mod. At Redline Racing Cameron said his 4mil 350 puts out 90 HP.

5298289037_2b9657920d_z.jpg

IMG_20101206_133221-1 by tim_qm2, on Flickr

Edited by timzBanshee

More like 50. Porting will get you mid 60s. Biggercarbs would get you in 70s after porting.

My 4 mill with stock carbs and a dune port from Cameron at Redline makes 73.2 and I have had it on the dyno 3 different times so I know the numbers are good. I bolted 34 mill carbs on it and it did not change the hp numbers it only moved the numbers around on the chart.

I have done compression tests and both cylinders are sitting at 155 psi, when pulled head off the motor i noticed the piston it slightly contacting the head on a 1/4 of the edge of the piston.

just an observation but your engine isnt going to make any hp if you dont correct that.

My Redline Racing dune ported 350 makes 75.1 HP. All stock bottom end except advanced timing and shift star mod. At Redline Racing Cameron said his 4mil 350 puts out 90 HP.

5298289037_2b9657920d_z.jpg

IMG_20101206_133221-1 by tim_qm2, on Flickr

I think you might want to be a little more clear here. Cameron does not claim 90 hp out of his 4 mill dune port motors. A normal 4 mill dune port is between 70 and 75 hp a 90 hp motor from Cameron is not going to be a dune ported bike it is going to be a drag motor.

I was rather surprised when Cameron printed me out the dyno on my dune ported quad but it has to run straight race gas or it will melt down. When I was talking about his 90 hp 4mil I was referring to his personal quad. I'm not sure what mods were done however I know it is a stock bore 350.