tire size question

shoopie

i am in the market for a new set of rear tires/rims. i currently have 18/10/8 turf tamers and they really dont have any grip at all, i want to get a set of holeshots or razrs. can i go up to a 20/11/9 without changing my gearing or should i up my rear sprocket a couple teeth? i like how it is now but if i kept the 18's i would go down a tooth or so on my rear just for some extra speed because it is lacking a little bit so im thinking the 20's will be okay but looking for an expert opinion.

also. i know its been asked hundreds of times but what should i get, razrs or holeshots? i do mostly trail, sand pit, and packed dirt/rocky riding, as aggressive as i can without killing myself, little jumping, mostly fast runs, whoops and bermshots. (i know, i do everything, hard to determine what is best)

im eventually going to get a set of Holeshot XCR fronts but cant afford them at the moment.

-Ryan

Edited by shoopie

razrs are good for what kind of riding you do i do the same type and have been very happy with the razrs.................as far as gearing....the shee has plenty of power and you should notice a slight increase in top end with a taller tire combo.....you can always go up in your rear sprocket for more torque........and down in the front.......I do not think u need to change your sprocket! just get a set of 20's first those turf tamers are doing no good on a shee........going to be a different bike with traction so i would just get the tires and see how u like it before u change anything

razrs are good for what kind of riding you do i do the same type and have been very happy with the razrs.................as far as gearing....the shee has plenty of power and you should notice a slight increase in top end with a taller tire combo.....you can always go up in your rear sprocket for more torque........and down in the front.......I do not think u need to change your sprocket! just get a set of 20's first those turf tamers are doing no good on a shee........going to be a different bike with traction so i would just get the tires and see how u like it before u change anything

yea, the only time these things hook up are on the road or on thick grass. even then i have to be leaning back to get it up. i expect it to be a completely different experience with different tires.

just about everyone ive talked to locally says razr or razr2 over holeshot. thats what im going to be getting.

what does your gearing happen to be set at? ill be runnin 20 inch tires and i just got a 13/41 setup to test out next year. might end up going back to 14/41 stock though from the sounds of everyone else having dropped teeth.

just about everyone ive talked to locally says razr or razr2 over holeshot. thats what im going to be getting.

what does your gearing happen to be set at? ill be runnin 20 inch tires and i just got a 13/41 setup to test out next year. might end up going back to 14/41 stock though from the sounds of everyone else having dropped teeth.

I don't remember at the moment. I will check it out tomorrow.