Going to try Flat Track - What tire sizes and rim offset?

Killswitch69

Going to try flat track and would like to know what is considered the best all around tire and rim setup. Tracks would be clay ovals from 1/5 to 1/4 mile.

What size tires for front =

What size tires for rear =

What size rim and offset front =

What size rim and offset rear =

I am planning on R6 shock for rear ( I have one already) and a widening and lowering kit front. Ohlins shocks up front. Rear +4 axle with stock swinger.

Some kind of front anti roll bar up front

Motor is mostly stock with Toomey T6, Boyesen reeds, FS Dynatek ignition, stock carbs (310 mains, 25 pilot), 14/41 gearing.

Any help or input would be great for any setup suggestions. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

What A arms are you using? If your going to use stock arms with a plate type widening kit that might work out ok. I would rather use 450 arms and shox, make the shox stiff then add your anti-roll bar and you got a cheep and decent flat track front end. Another option is to get some long travel +2 or +3 arms and then use the 450 length shox.

I use 20" rear Turf tamers and 20" front razr MX 15/43 gearing.

As for rim offset its better to keep the front rims shallow and have long A arms to put less stress on your body as its easier to steer this way.

The deeper dish offset you run the less ride time you will have b4 getting arm pump.

But if you are only doing 4 laps of the 400 meter track you should be ok to run wide offset front rims.

Thats just my thoughts....