OEM Lighting

BMC_SHEE

Ehh, I had some big long fact-driven rant typed out, but it's not worth posting. The chart that I posted below should settle everything. This is an argument that has been going on for ever... and never goes anywhere. The facts are the facts. Sorry...

WATT PER WATT HID's ARE BRIGHTER THAN LEDS OR HALOGENS.

This chart is posted on VisionX's website. Very poor marketing idea if you ask me...

visionx.jpg

With that being said/proven/done... For anyone interested, in the next few weeks I will have in stock, LED lightbars for sale, ranging from 4", all the way up to 52". On bars 22" and above, you can get a combination bar, ie half flood, half spot. They are currently being manufactured in Carlsbad, CA with Philips Lumiled 5w Lambertian LED's... and will be available in either a Flood, Euro, and Spot pattern for a little more than HALF the cost of other manufacturers with a 2 year warranty, on the entire light. Wiring, housings, lenses, LED's, anything. Watch for a thread in the sponsor spotlight section soon! :headbang::cheers:

Not too sure what you mean, this chart basically dis-proved one of your earlier statements about a 35 watt halogen being 1,015 lumens=which would be 29 lumens per watt.)

One huge thing your leaving out here is the way lower power draw of LED's, the way lower operating temperature of LED's, and the way higher life expectancy of LED's over any of these other setups.

Why is that chart poor marketing?

Not too sure what you mean, this chart basically dis-proved one of your earlier statements about a 35 watt halogen being 1,015 lumens=which would be 29 lumens per watt.)

One huge thing your leaving out here is the way lower power draw of LED's, the way lower operating temperature of LED's, and the way higher life expectancy of LED's over any of these other setups.

Why is that chart poor marketing?

Just to quote you from earlier in this thread.

Standard banshee housings using the H6M Halogen are only about 700-750 lumens, an aftermarket piaa bulb in 4000k xtreme white would be around 1,000 lumens.

I guess I wasn't too far off with 1015 then... :confused: Seems accurate to me. I'm just using your numbers here.

Also, the lower power draw of LEDs, lower heat, life expectancy? Yes, that is accurate... but that wasn't the argument... lol. The argument was that HID's watt per watt are brighter than LED's or Halogens. Correct me if I am wrong.

The chart is poor marketing because, again... It proves HID's, watt for watt are brighter than LEDs or Halogens. Again... is that correct?

I run LED's on my own personally long travel car. They are bright, yes... Do I run them because I expect to drive my buggy for 250,000 hours, at night? No... lol. I run a combination of HID's, and a my 42" LED lightbar. The HID's are brighter... Sorry...

I guess I wasn't too far off with 1015 then... :confused: Seems accurate to me. I'm just using your numbers here.

Also, the lower power draw of LEDs, lower heat, life expectancy? Yes, that is accurate... but that wasn't the argument... lol. The argument was that HID's watt per watt are brighter than LED's or Halogens. Correct me if I am wrong.

The chart is poor marketing because, again... It proves HID's, watt for watt are brighter than LEDs or Halogens. Again... is that correct?

I run LED's on my own personally long travel car. They are bright, yes... Do I run them because I expect to drive my buggy for 250,000 hours, at night? No... lol. I run a combination of HID's, and a my 42" LED lightbar. The HID's are brighter... Sorry...

Thats the lumen rating PIAA stated for the H6M Xtreme White bulbs they make for the banshee.

The Chart is not poor marketing because Vision X is a Huge HID manufacturer and retailer, they even outfit a pretty decent majority of the off road racing rally cars and trophy trucks with HID and LED lighting. They are just as big into HID as LED. I have even bought several HID setups from them for my Rhino, trucks, and quads.

However, one thing I dont believe in is buying cheap lighting products, in the end, you always get what you pay for.

I went from stock lamps.. to the Yamaha Replacement 35w PIAAs... to 4" Hella 35W HIDs

Stock was horrible.. The PIAAs were twice as good, but still only worked when you were on the gas (going down huge dunes in the middle of the night was still a puckerfest) I could prolly get away with just one 4" HID on my bike to honest.. 2 of em is almost overkill LOL

Hey Matt.. what can you do a 42" LED lightbar for? Post up the specs on the one you going to be selling :cheers:

I went from stock lamps.. to the Yamaha Replacement 35w PIAAs... to 4" Hella 35W HIDs

Stock was horrible.. The PIAAs were twice as good, but still only worked when you were on the gas (going down huge dunes in the middle of the night was still a puckerfest) I could prolly get away with just one 4" HID on my bike to honest.. 2 of em is almost overkill LOL

Hey Matt.. what can you do a 42" LED lightbar for? Post up the specs on the one you going to be selling :cheers:

The 42's initially are going to be available in a Flood, or Euro pattern, They are 14,400 lumens each, consist of 80 LED's. They will retail for $749, plus shipping. I will work on getting pictures, once I get the first one in my hands.

thats a sweet deal... How many watts? post those pics when you get em!

The first set of bars I get will be 240 watts total. We are going to go with 3w LED's instead of 5W in these bars, because the heat generated with the current LEDs on the market would require more material for a heat sink. Maybe as the LED technology advances, we will be able to do an 80LED bar with 5w LEDs, but right now the housing would have to be too large to accommodate the added heat, to make it practical.

Hey matt, can you post up pics of your car?