Banshee will not clear out or go well at high revvs.

Dgrey

Alright so all my mods are in my signature. I started trying a few different things (main jet and timing) after I burnt up a piston. It was my own fault on the pistons as I was wide open on the flats for far to long.

anywys after the rebuild it ran fine for 1 trip out to Glamis. After that (no changes made) the next trip the plugs started backing out and oil was coming out of the head. Called Keving (excellent guy, awesome builder and very helpful by the way) and he suggested I take the timing from +7 to +5.

following direction after this trip I put the timing from +7 to +5 (all still running the same 100 octane gas I always have) the bike works perfect for 1 day. The next day i cant hit any hills. The bike starts fine, idles fine, and runs fine, but what it does is just fall on its ass at high rev right at/past the power band. Really feels like the choke is on or its running out of gas or it needs to be cleared out.

So at the desert I take both carbs appart and they are perfectly clen. I change the plugs and she fires right up. Hoping the cleaning may have done someting I take it out for a test run and it does the same thing. Oh yeah also checked the timing plate and it was not loose and still on +5 like i put it. Pod filters were also clean and nice. The "old" plugs also looked fine.

so... yeah i am stumped. tried to call Kevin (he called back) but our work hours are opposite so we keep missing each other so I thought I would post up here... you guys are always helpful.

very first thing that comes to mind, is the rs stator got cooked, and making weak spark. i would check that you have good, strong, blue spark, and see what the plugs are telling you. ohm things out (rs has it's own ohms readings, btw) weak spark can present like rich jetting, too. if it ran good with the same conditions and same jetting before, i would start there. also, do a compression test and see if you lost some from the detonation...

very first thing that comes to mind, is the rs stator got cooked, and making weak spark. i would check that you have good, strong, blue spark, and see what the plugs are telling you. ohm things out (rs has it's own ohms readings, btw) weak spark can present like rich jetting, too. if it ran good with the same conditions and same jetting before, i would start there. also, do a compression test and see if you lost some from the detonation...

yeah actually had to send 1 RS Stator back and the next one I got was legit. Had it on there for about 2 years now....

I know and have the tool to check compression, but how do I check to see if there is a "good, stong, blue spark?"

I have the EXACT same problem on a motor i just put together, this motor also has a ricky stator... before I look very far, i am going to replace it with a stock stator. The motor idols perfect and sounds great, you can ride it around perfect at low rpm's right up to were the powerband hits and the revs shoot up... it's very consistant on were it breaks up. let me know if you find out anything, and i will do the same.

I have the EXACT same problem on a motor i just put together, this motor also has a ricky stator... before I look very far, i am going to replace it with a stock stator. The motor idols perfect and sounds great, you can ride it around perfect at low rpm's right up to were the powerband hits and the revs shoot up... it's very consistant on were it breaks up. let me know if you find out anything, and i will do the same.

it's not always the rs. there are several out there running good, but the story-line points to it as one of the most likely scenarios...check the jetting, and if it's rpm specific, look into your plug caps. does it clean out after, or with different throttle?

it's not always the rs. there are several out there running good, but the story-line points to it as one of the most likely scenarios...check the jetting, and if it's rpm specific, look into your plug caps. does it clean out after, or with different throttle?

There is no clean out, and i replaced the coil (checked caps)... seems to be very consistant. replacing everything electrical with stock parts... wiring looked like a mess to me so it will all be replaced, better to start fresh.

The bike starts fine, idles fine, and runs fine, but what it does is just fall on its ass at high rev right at/past the power band. Really feels like the choke is on or its running out of gas or it needs to be cleared out.

Are you running a pingle valve?

Just a shot in the dark but.....Maybe your sucking your bowls dry?!? :shrugani: