Can't find chassis fluid fill point. Help!

durrel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

the same way there should never be fluid in the frame, there should never be gear oil/ atf in your crankcase :D

omfg what the hell is world coming too> Take a mf air gun with a god dam rubber end on it pull some bolts out of the frame and and blow the mf water oout of the gd dam frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for gods sake der there was sand in the hull of my jet ski wut do I do ? My snow mobile had uh der um dirt in it . I almost shot myself in hte head when I read this post and found out this dude is serious.

Will you all stop jerking his chain and answer the question?!!

Look, your best to go to your local Yamaha dealer and ask for the "Ionic Yama-tecno-spec Frame fluid" It's used to reduce the vibrations to the frame. (Running too low a fluid can cause a frame crack that most often starts near the rear shock mount.)Some guys to save money just use the same fluid you run in a battery, while others insist on using the synthetic stuff from Rocky Mountain ATV. (They don't sell alot of it cause it's $$$, so it's not in the catalog, but call and ask for it. (The Rocky Mountain item # is NE1469)

I've just stuck with the factory Ionic fluid and I've NEVER had any issues. (I don't think the synthetic stuff is worth the extra money.) Besides the manual only states that you should change the fluid ever 5 years. I do change mine more often. I change it every 3 years and get a new chain at the same time. (I don't want to have the chain break and put a crack in the cases.) The last thing I need is to be riding the trails with cracked cases and a tranny coolant leak!

Go with the Ionic Yama-tecno-spec. The manual calls for 1.8 quarts, so buy 2 quarts and keep the extra to top off each season. Good luck. :)

Will you all stop jerking his chain and answer the question?!!

Look, your best to go to your local Yamaha dealer and ask for the "Ionic Yama-tecno-spec Frame fluid" It's used to reduce the vibrations to the frame. (Running too low a fluid can cause a frame crack that most often starts near the rear shock mount.)Some guys to save money just use the same fluid you run in a battery, while others insist on using the synthetic stuff from Rocky Mountain ATV. (They don't sell alot of it cause it's $$$, so it's not in the catalog, but call and ask for it. (The Rocky Mountain item # is NE1469)

I've just stuck with the factory Ionic fluid and I've NEVER had any issues. (I don't think the synthetic stuff is worth the extra money.) Besides the manual only states that you should change the fluid ever 5 years. I do change mine more often. I change it every 3 years and get a new chain at the same time. (I don't want to have the chain break and put a crack in the cases.) The last thing I need is to be riding the trails with cracked cases and a tranny coolant leak!

Go with the Ionic Yama-tecno-spec. The manual calls for 1.8 quarts, so buy 2 quarts and keep the extra to top off each season. Good luck. :)

HAHAHAHAHA Ionic- techno-spec frame fluid!! lol thats funny!

• 1 year later...