Dome Sizing

He's A Shee

Preparing for my winter projects. Need some insight on some dome sizing. Did some forum searching on this topic, found a wealth of info on dome sizing but its all related to large cc, highly modded bikes with tons of modifications. Couldn't find what size would be best for a more stock based motor.

First off, I currently have a freshly rebuilt, stock compression bike with the excepting of FMF Gnarly Pipes and Power Core II Silencers.

I plan on doing a Vito's head, domes, V-Force reeds, aftermarket air box, TORS removal (who wouldn't?), and maybe a timing plate. Nothing crazy.

My main focus of riding is extreme hill climbing. I don't intend on making the fastest bike in town, just want a moderate power increase throughout the entire powerband without loosing low end. If anything I'd prefer to gain more low end than mid/top, but with a banshee I realize thats not how it works..

So with this set-up what size dome would be the most appropriate?

Are there any other reasonably priced mod's that would benefit my love of hill climbing?

I ride between 600ft (wellsville, ohio) and 1200ft (youngstown, ohio) above sea level. I plan to run 93 octane.

Wellsville Is The Shit.

www.wellsvilletrails.com

I was running 20 cc domes on my trail ported motor with similar other mods to you at around the same elevation. If you want to be safe 21cc would be good.

the size of dome you use doesn't have much to do with how built your bike is. it works the same for every bike. the smaller cc domes you have = the higher your compression will be. the higher your compression = more bottom. but, generally speaking, the higher your compression also equals the need for a higher octane fuel. at sea level you should be safe to run normal pump fuel with 21cc domes, 20's would be stretching it a little.

Thank you for all the information!

So higher compression will result in a better bottom end?

Potentially, I could run 110 race gas. I have a gas station right next to my house that sells it.

If I were to get a 20cc dome, would I maybe want to mix half and half 93 & 110? ...or would that just be stupid?

Shakar, I don't know much about the reeds. All I've heard is that V-force reeds will result in a crisper throttle response.

Can anyone verify that dual stage reeds will be better for bottom end?